Friday, December 12, 2014

July in December

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2014

Half a year ago, I felt so peaceful witnessing this pretty sunset in July. Currently the hectic pace  n conditions seem so opposite. From hot to frozen.  (These pics were saved in Drafts all this time). It's been so long since I stopped to see a pretty sunset here. I go to work n come home in the dark now, n I'm always on hurried errands on my free days.

Shopping is on, n there aren't enough hours to do it all...
Luckily funds soon diminish so we make do with whatever is available we can settle on.


Image by SnaggleTooth July 2014
What kills me, is when you have no idea what to get some family members, then find yourself wasting precious time wandering thru stores aimlessly perusing for nifty ideas. I won't shop online at all this year. This machine is a big time-eater loading catalog pics on dial-up.

Normally I find Photos to send out with cards, n I'm still sifting thru the split-up computer files from switching machines. I can't find any deemed "good enough" of folks to pass along from this cut back on pic taking year. Cards have to be out ASAP, n looks like they may be without pics this round. 


Image by SnaggleTooth July 2014
I have exactly 3 Days Off left to get all gifts together, n still have some aimless perusing left to do. Yikes - Too much going on. I'd so like to just stay in bed n sleep instead... but nothing would be done in time.

So the race is back on after this short pic break from winter... 

Happy bargain gift hunting all!

8 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

They do say gifts of events or time are the most memorable. Tickets to a winter movie? concert? a promise of babysitting in spring or summer?

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

It is wearing me out just to think about how late (and getting later) it is for someone like me who has not even started Christmas shopping.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I'm told that I'm virtually impossible to shop for.

Last minute shopping isn't so bad, I have to do the same thing myself (again).

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Tabor: Time is the only gift that matters. I find it funny how little "stuff" matters when you really take the time to think about it. I'm so glad you're as adept as ever at helping us put it all into its proper perspective.

Speaking of which, time for me to chill, too. The sound of a peaceful house is almost too much to resist!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, All good ideas. Already BBsit alot for free tho- Wish I had more time for finding good pics to print out.

Gran Annie, You must have a system, n do online?

G.B., well you are a picky, well,-er discriminating critique-er of all you see, read, n hear... on your blog!

Carmi, It's true that your presence is the best present! Thanks. Believe it or not, when the kids are all moved out, the house gets too quiet!
Hope you get some quality holiday relaxing in this season!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You can only get as much done as you can. Staying in bed might be a great way to go! I think we do tend to put more pressure on ourselves that need be sometimes.

You can take photos this year, now that you are cognizant you could have more. It's fine to have an "off year." I love Walgreens for printing them out, order online, you can even crop them as you order. Cool!

xoxoxo

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I've still got some shopping to do, too. Sigh. My sister who hosts me for Christmas won't say anything she would like, but has been very vocal about no pottery, nothing to hang on the walls, nothing to sit around. So looks like jewelry. :) Aimless perusing here, too.

Love that July pic!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, I'm always under time pressure because I work nights. I miss sleep alot, this week n the next two are minus a day already- because no one plans around when I have to work. I need a new cam n better opportunities for subjects.

Lynn, I like being done early better, n the last minute rushing is harder to decide I think. I hope your aimless perusing is a success! Or a book?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home