Thursday, December 04, 2014

So Full

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2014

Tired is again catching up with me, along with feeling heavier... I just finished the last of the raspberry cheesecake pie, n apple pie, n chocolate Mousse pie yesterday. Luckily I'd been not eating alot for weeks leading up to ThanksGiving.

My holiday went well with visiting n eating good food, but I still had to skip sleeping to get to the early meal. For someone on a day schedule, it would compare to getting up at 3am n eating a hot meal when you're really not hungry yet. I took home alot of leftovers, n have been working on eating it in smaller portions all week.

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2014
Seven Little Ones, (The eldest now as tall as me), sat at the "Cousins" table n barely ate any of the traditional dishes. Seems we are raising a newer generation which prefers simple, n plain foods- such as white meat only with no gravy n vegetables without any butter. Each is so picky about their food in different ways.

This reminds me of my very picky father, who often wouldn't eat meals the rest of the family sat down to. He would usually eat French Toast instead. He did eat the turkey meals at least.

I always explain to the Little Ones who never met him, that my father would eat tomato sauce, bread, n cheese separately, but would not eat pizza! He was the only person I ever knew who didn't like pizza. He did like pasta n sauce alot tho. These young folks will only eat it plain, or with butter or cheese. But we cannot call it pasta to the away cousins, it must be called  "noodles."


Image by SnaggleTooth Thanks Day 2014

It all seems so silly to me. So much emphasis on food prefer-
ences. Really the point was getting in more family time, n we are lucky we could this year.

This is the pretty dessert array we dug into after stuffing ourselves with turkey. I made Raspberry squares, Cran-Apple pie, n Pumpkin pie. Then there's a huge, deep dish Apple pie (containing 12 apples!), a Pumpkin cake, Triple Chocolate Mousse Pie, n The Raspberry Cheesecake pie. 

10 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I love almost all kinds of food and even ate roast brussel sprouts this year which I usually avoid! Eat in small portions and do not starve yourself. I wonder about kids who only eat starch with some fat, only carbs even with some protein. Vegetables and fruit should be 80% of the meal...NOT healthy and will be a problem in the years to come.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Glad to hear that you had a decent holiday repast.

Father Nature's Corner

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...


Tabor. during the work-week I don't have much time to eat anyway. My teeth keep it slow. There was so much at that meal small amounts was the only way to get to taste it. There was no way to have it all- desert was pure "overkill."

G.B., The first in 8 years was a welcome change, just wish I had more sleep in. Thanks

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

You can never explain to day people about the schedule flip. Invite them for dinner at 3am!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I don't see calories, all I see is lots and lots of love! You are so giving.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I love leftovers (more than the main meal) so I'm a happy camper when anything is left after a large family gathering. The treats look amazing, Snaggle.

I'm laughing at Cloudia's suggestion of a time flip for those on the day-time schedules. :)

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That's a wealth of dessert!

I work with young people like that - they don't eat vegetables at all. It's hard to imagine how a body gets by on just meat and carbs.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

cnsCloudia, I usually get home about that time, n eat between 4 n 5 am. Thanks, Aloha!

Gran Annie, Thanks, 2 other people helped with tat pile of goodies, n 12 helped eat it.

Talon, Me too- I've been eating pie all week, in small bits. That's exactly what I should do!

Lynn, The apples did cost alot this year. I know young men at work who say they do not eat veggies of any kind too! I think it's likely to catch up to them later.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You folks really know how to do desserts!

It took my dad a long long time to eat pizza and "noodles," being such a meat and potatoes guy.

Yes, you wonder how kids get to grow with some of the sparse plates they ingest. Yet, somehow they do seem to grow, and thrive even.

Hungry now! :)

xooxo

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, I wished I could've eaten more, it was all so good- It seems the kids are not willing to try any new dishes too- n even the potatoes were fancied up. The adults were all satisfied at least! I ate pie all week, n cake for breakfast-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home