Thursday, October 16, 2014

Indian Summah

Image By SnaggleTooth Oct 2014

A stellar day....
Windows open, out to errands in a t-shirt, humid n even hot! Balmy breezes under a partly sunny sky. Maybe the calender needs to be adjusted with all these seasons beginning n running late.

Too bad for the head-ache n body aches. I just wish I could've gotten up 6 hours earlier to enjoy all this warmth longer. 

Photo By SnaggleTooth Oct 2014

Yes, the leaves are still turning n falling off in crispy litter, but my deck garden is still alive with some late blooms. When I was out watering plants with a flashlight last night, I spied a little Bumble bee snoozing on the Cosmo.


Image By SnaggleTooth Oct 2014

 The cluttered storm drain took some time to clear with the rake n shovel in preparation for the expected drenching rains for Thursday. At least I have the option of not having to go out in it.

Photo By SnaggleTooth Oct 2014

I'm grateful for the reprieve before it's back to shut windows n paying n arm n leg for heat.

(This sight is directly across the road from the deck)


4 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I tried to view you altered photographs carefully before reading or looking at the actual photographs and guess what they would be. I didn't come close but with the first one I did imagine a tray of drinking cups and not flower pots! LOL

Cluttered storm drains are a cause of city fines where I used to live if the culprit can be found who allows their fallen leaves to wash into the guttering and float to the drains.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

"Summah" - that's how my mom and dad would have said that word in the south. Thanks for putting that in my head - I miss them.

Your deck looks like mine with the flowers and fallen leaves.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Neo said...

There's a storm coming.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Hmm, a tray of party punch cups sounds very refreshing about now. I'm always surprised what comes out of pics with my method!
I had to go out in the middle of the storm to do it again. My road was getting deep-

Lynn, That's what it sounds like in Bawstun too! Like Pahkin' your cah. Of course we miss parents more when we don't expect to be reminded. It's been 24 n 14 years now for me, n I still get misty at bumping into reminders. I was washing winter gear today, n bumped into my Mom's best friend Pat's tartan scarf. She'd Passed away one year before my Mother. Many more torn flowers n wet leaves now!

Neo, N it kept me off-line too. Very wet n windy out there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home