Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dark

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2014

Great, after a very long week-end of crazy orders n little sleep I finally had time to get online, but the phone line was dead! No dial-tone. I knew the bill was just paid this week. Maybe weather was messing with the line from the pole again, or re-construction on a nearby home had something to do with it. Used to happen often.

Another week without much blog reading time. I resigned myself to book reading n waiting to try to deal with it until the next day. I got all uptight thinking about scheduling with the phone-line repair guy n missing more sleep.



Image by SnaggleTooth May 2014
But Bingo! The light of day revealed the wire clip had come out of a Y-adapter, n there it was, Whew! I just taped it so it wouldn't keep coming out, n the house phone was working again. It merely wasted my time.

When I saw the problem, it felt like I should call it "A Dark Moment,"  like some folks I know refer to "Senior" or "Blonde" moments to describe not knowing what's going on, due to the brain giving up easily, which I tend to do after dark! N more so because it was after work-


Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2014
Yesterday I finally got online n loaded ESR to answer comments at least.

Have any "moments" that made you feel idiotic lately?

9 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Cloudia said...

Glad to see you




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Yes - moments like that happen to me all the time. I refer to them as a senior moment, but a dark moment is very descriptive, too.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

In fairness to you I won't call them senior moments because you are such a young thing:) Oh yes, weird things happen often around here and are usually caused by the attic people.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

I'm always having Blonde moments! too many to count and too frequent to pick one out of the hay stack

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, Aloha! So good to have you in comments again- Will visit you soon. You found a cat to chase the fish I see...

Lynn, Too dark to see for me, too cheap to turn on extra electricity!

Gran Annie, I should really wait a year to call them "Senior" I guess... I always do computer in the dark, using it as a night light! The Attic People? You mean the guys upstairs???

MB, Ah... I see no one wants to fess up yet the little things messing with their distinction this week. Sometimes I should just waste battery juice... for the flashlight!

Thanks for checking in anyways!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Honey, at my age...it is an ongoing scenario...not just a moment!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Lately????

How 'bout, all the time.

I can't go more than one day in a row w/o doing something idiotic.

Father Nature's Corner

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, excellent explanation! Looks like it'll become an adventure...

GB, I'm waiting for someone to say they know they just did something, but can't remember what it is! Looks like I could be doing worse... Still, I feel lame for wasting a blogging night! Thanks

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Well I wouldn't call it a senior moment, you fixed the problem. I say that's a great moment! You didn't need to book in a phone engineer and you didn't have to pay out to have the line fixed! Glad you did it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home