Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pretty Cove

Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2013

I'm starting to feel like a broken record whining about how unreliable my ISP is with loading Blogger- But again another week of aggravation n wasted time not being able to load the editor page.
Six hours yesterday wasted trying! Ugh!
I now see it was another windows update messing with my machine... eating the upload cache memory.
It's been a nit bit chilly here in the artic, er- I mean on the Cape where there was brief snowfall Tuesday before we got 20F Temps for Day Off.
I got a late start getting out for errands after digging out a clean heavy coat, scarf, n gloves. The wind chill got me hurrying along n back home to the above freezing zone, under a blanket with hot water bottles.
Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2013

Going to do a round two for store errands this week, so much to carry- but at least will be warmer out next trip...

You know you're getting old when you rush out to get somewhere on time, but forget important stuff to have with you. Like the PO box key, n the cell phone so you can multi-task, both of which I did this week.
I'm really feeling old lately tho- I tried to shop after forgetting to put the reading glasses in my pocket to bring along the other day! (well I don't like walking around with them on.) That was difficult, as I like to compare prices n was taking too long figuring out amounts...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Fall 2013


At least I didn't buy anything I won't use. Rushed shopping stinks, because often it causes poor choice decisions.
I think my brain freeze this round was mostly caused by the freezing temps... Warmer tomorrow. Yay!
Went to another computer to post today.
The cove sunset  from a few weeks ago here.

10 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

you can change the settings on your windows update to "manual" or something like that you it won't do it automatically, and maybe you can update it and let it go while at work or something.

Cold is hard, especially in your place which is drafty and expensive to heat.

btw. I posted today! for the first time in many many months lol

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Wow Thanks for the news flash! I just need t switch computers when I'm up to the dust storm...

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Hopefully Erica's tip will help ease the computer irritations, Snaggle. Oh, the cold...we've had our first snow and it finally melted after two days. Yeah, I'm like you...forgetting things, distracted. It's the time of year...the early darkness...that's what I'm blaming!

Stay warm!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I'm still trying to find the setting location for that- n dumped all the browser cookies n cleaned again. My snow pics on the vines out the window didn't come out well thru the foggy windows- darn! I'm just not good at switching coats as I rush out the door I guess! Darkness definitely affects my motivation...

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

And as I carefully scroll down from the altered picture I can still see the face in the actual photograph:)

So sorry for your computer woes. Wish I could help.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

I'm not sure in your version of windows, but in my version if you go to the start menu there is an icon for "windows update", and inside the windows that opens, there is an option to change settings.

Also, I'm not positive the other machine is much better if any. I asked E, and she said "no more than a pentium 3 and 512MB RAM". That was a good computer... in 1998. Windows now needs a minimum 1GB of RAM to run, and that's not even the most current versions. :/

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That sunset is the loveliest thing - I would frame that one.

I think I mentioned this before, but one of my book club ladies is moving to Cape Cod in December. We met last Sunday and gave her a basket with cold weather items (socks, hats, etc.) - sounds as if she'll need them!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Amazing what color changes bring out. I get so frustrated- thanks.

MB, Thanks, I'll try that location- The other has tons more disk space. This runs put of it to run windows all the time.

Lynn, I think so too- Thanks. They got about 2 inches of snow in Falmouth. Yep, she'll use it here! The wind chill effect is higher near the water too- Nice gifts to give.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I usually never buy anything I won't use, either. Good policy! Chocolate especially, I always put to good use. :)

My reading glasses are always with me. In the house either on my eyes, or hanging from my shirt front when I'm not reading or on computer. I often lose them because of bending down. Find them in laundry baskets and my big basket of packing peanuts mostly! :)

you're not getting old -- just a busy lady.

oxoxo

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, I remember once I bought a -decaf version of a tea I'll never use because I didn't really read the label...I lose glasses alot- n have many Dollar Tree pairs around. I hate when ones I like break, cause they never have the same ones again. I only mention feeling older in this month for some reason...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home