Sunday, October 20, 2013

Yummy Pumpkin

Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2013

Could this be a brain on a plate, or a strange alien head?

My favorite table decoration this autumn so far comes from the Dollar Tree. It's a combo of two separate, unrelated one-dollar items that struck me as a perfect fit for the occasion.


Photo  by SnaggleTooth Fall 2013

First, an orange-yellow, plastic beaded, lei- type, long neck-lace from a summer purchase. Then I later saw this ceramic, chocolate n butterscotch colored pumpkin. So I put the neck-lace around the pumpkin on an amber plate.

The photo was tough to get due to the flash glare.
I think it looks very yummy...

6 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Glad you could find plastic fall decorations. My granddaughter and I looked for something for my porch that would last in the weather. We could only find artificial flowers of paper and not plastic.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Good job. I love finding great dollar store stuff.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Nice and inexpensive...you met both goals. I have an old fake leaf and flower hang on my door that has lasted several years. I should take photos of the things I bought at Michael's this year.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dollar Tree always has great little finds. Good choice!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, the pumpkin is ceramic, tho they had plastic ones I got the Little Ones for a dec to play with because the ceramics sold out fast. You need to shop Micheal's for the flowers you want.

Lynn, I love the cool pumpkin colors- There weren't any more of that item since. Don't feel bad about wasting one dollar at a time...

Tabor, I'm still entertained looking at it. I love shopping at Micheal's too- have a faux plant-arrangement vase with a frog, butterflies, n odd pieces on the table too. Vase n colored glass weight stones from Dollar tree again. Oh yeah, have some fake little birds.

Ms BS, Welcome to ESR comments! The Dollar Tree is hands down my Fave store now!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I'm catching up because I was away. Dollar Tree have such cool stuff. You did really well!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home