Saturday, September 11, 2010

Towering

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010
.
.
.
Again it's "911," the day that will cause a tower of grief in my mind forevermore. (But not for Jannie).
Even 9 years later the memories of that day in '01 loom large in the rearview mirror.
.
In the five years I've been posting on ESR, I actually skipped writing about it two years, '05, n '08.
In 911-2006 I posted an image I'd made in 2001. In 2007 I posted questions n answers in regard to what I was doing that day. Last year I posted flowers.
.
Today this backlit towering cloud pic brings to mind the many explosions n calamities born of terrorism. The enormity of loss, n overwhelming grief for so many lives lost. Otherwise, it may seem like a normal day as I get ready n go to work again. 911 may not have directly taken anyone away from me, but yet I feel the loss, n importance of the event- n bet I always will.
.
I'll light a candle n pray for the lost souls. I'll get home from work n watch my rememberance 911 videos, n I'll remember how steep the price has been to be an American.

10 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Yes some people
have things
to be happy about
while others still cry

on 9/11 there
was life and death
that touched
every ones lives

without a strong leader
there’ll be more
smoke in the sky
and people, will die

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger TALON said...

That towering cloud formation is remarkable and especially with the back lighting.

Never forgotten and always mourned....

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I feel the loss, too. This day will live forever in our memories.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I think it's amazing a day which means so much grief for some can still be the most joyous occassion for others- a point of light in the dark...
Everyone dies, but not everyone is an innocent victim, murdered-

Talon, The cloud looked so startlingly beautiful I was glad I had my cam in the truck while paying bills that day- n the blue sky color also reminds me of that 911 morning.

Lynn, Truelly a day which deserves being remembered always- Lets hope nothing similar to that ever happens again!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger ... Paige said...

Snag, I still can't watch. The memory of seeing it live is still too haunting for me. Overwhelmed.

nice photo :-)

Man I wish I had thought of that dowel trick (I knew about it) just didn't think. Ah, well such is the way it goes...sometimes

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Paige, I still cry every time I watch the video, but it's better for me to express the grief then to ignore it. I never do make it thru that day without feeling it again. Thanks. I even have a ton of dowel pieces handy from previous adventures.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

This is a very moving post. I will never forget.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

That was so kind of you Snaggle to put in the link. Thank you.

I always cry when I remember those who lost their lives and loved ones, very emotional for me.

Very lovely clouds and post.

xoxo

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

A lovely post, Snaggle -- it was such a heart-rending day. :( And that cloud formation is astounding.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Thanks. I remember the UK has had it's share of terror attacks since then also.

JanF, Well I did remember from last year that's when the famous Miss Kelly was born! No problem, you always give me linkys too.
Definately one of the most emotional n historic happenings of our time. Better than not caring for sure! thanks.

ThommaLyn, Thankyou. Definately a tough day for the sensitive of heart. It was definately a unique cloud in the western sky late in the day. Cumulous Nimbus I believe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home