Friday, October 23, 2009

Off n Flying

In the few hours of daylight left after awakening on this DayOff, I managed to squeeze off over 80 Digi-clicks, n aquired so many beautiful images, that to make a choice between them all is taxing...
(pic taken from my deck today)
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2009


Off the deck most oak trees are still holding green while dressed in colored vines.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2009At work we have the usual deep red oak beginning. The leaves around town have been taking turns colorizing, n I had a few spots staked out to check again from driving earlier in the week. Some colors were less vibrant after my wait for unhurried time, n didn't end up being the better pics, after all.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2009





(The Mill Pond,
not too shabby... )


Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2009


After the market n gas station, it was perfect sunset with some clouds timing to get to Fav beach to witness the show with my windsurfer n gull friends. The wind was up, n probably 25mph. Wind-kite Dude flew so high in the air he must've felt like a bird, twice while I was there. I didn't get those pics, too busy watching n saying "Whoa!"

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2009



My regular, alkaline batteries died twice during today's excursion. The Beach had a hefty wind-chill that froze-up my hands, even tho the rest of the town was 62F degrees. Luckily, I brought a whole package of new batts along.
.
I'll have to save a few pics for later during the winter blues zone. I can't believe so many windy pics came out clear...(n only 25 more sunset pics to sort!) I'm certainly getting more color into my fun lately.
.
Now back to the relaxing portion of my glorious free time...

7 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Love the reflections in the pond. Great shots.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

How beautiful! And thanks for sharing on your day off. I hope it was glorious!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger TALON said...

The reflection in Mill Pond - that's beautiful! That windkite dude was brave!

Glad you had time to take some pics and share them. I'll look forward to the others as winter closes in.

Enjoy every second of your time off, Snaggle!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

wonderful! we are still genn and roses still budding.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJoe, Thankyou- deep reds seem to be dominating most areas this year- I'll get over there pretty soon.

Lynn, It's nuts how much more I'll fit into my day just to get the pics for Bloggy... Thanks

Talon, Thankyou, I have alot more of those with differing Comp, but wish the sky came out better- Partly blue unseen except in the reflection.
Honest to God, WindKite Dude flew over ten feet up for many seconds twice right in front of me while heading into the wind! He landed well, n didn't crash- good thing his legs are attached to the board- I'm sure he could hear my exclaimations at his feat of magic-
Time off seems magical too... (not hurrying)

Paige, I hope you get in some quality rose-sniffing moments without bees n thorns- There are only a few in town still going- pink ones- n of course Petunias are still there, as well as tons of Mums, which I'm allergic to.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Thanks for taking so many gorgeous pix!! I look forward to you presenting them to us. I think of your 80 pix session here as a squirrel who done gathered up a bunch of wonderful nutty treats to store and enjoy in the months to come. I never tire of your pictures, Snag. I am always swept away to glorious palaces via your natural eye.

Whoo-hoo!!

All great here of course, but my favs were Mill Pond and Kite Dude.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks for appreciating my photo works on ESR. I tend not to repeat the same series subject matter, but Rainy Day material is def on the docket.
Hope your week-end travels went well- I'll have to go check there soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home