Sunday, June 28, 2009

New Gravatar, Old Unicorn

puter pic drawn by SnaggleTooth .
.

.
.
.
I finally went to gravatar.com n posted a globally recognized gravatar which is unique, because I drew it myself years ago. I will continue to use my blogger profile pic here on blogger as well. (Apparently, it doesn't interfere with that, btw-)

It has ocurred to me that some readers are unaware that I draw alot of unicorns.
This was drawn with a cursor in a paint program (larger) back in Win’98 days. I wrote Snag on it, which is now the uni’s name… The original includes more of the creature than shown here.

Here's an archive post of another black n white unicorn scetch from awhile back
This was drawn on bond paper with a regular Sharpie marker very small (6 inches). The original is the whole animal carrying a heart, n set inside a larger heart for Val's Day circa 1985. I then cropped the head, enlarged it, fixed it up, n inset another original design of the letter "I" as an eye to be the unicorn's eye. This design was also layered upon a puter-painted background n printed as T-shirt iron-on tranfers a few years back. I've designed a few T-shirts... (here's a logo I did) I should make tons more T's. I have whole series which have been designed, but not financed.

I grew up drawing mostly horses n other animals. I've morphed horses into the more popular unicorns, n enjoy painting them on fantasy back-drops. While an adult, I greatly increased my practiced subject matter to people, seascapes, landscapes, n objects. In college I also added skills of other media on top. However, unicorns will always be my forte`- what I'll be remembered for.

12 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Nice pic to use as a gravatar.

After seeing yours, I decided to sign up as well.

Mine is a cute ittle doggy.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Love unicorns! Great artwork, Snaggle Tooth and great gravatar!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Woops, just found a few boo-boos to edit-

G, Thanks, I thought you might like the non-blogger-interference info.

Talon, Uni-too? Losta folks are fond of them. Plus it's easy to be flexible with fantasy subjects... thanks.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow - great drawing. And my artist friends tell me that horses are difficult to draw, or at least capture correctly. Your unicorn is wonderful.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

There were green alligators and long-necked geese...

But the loveliest of all was Snag's unicorn!

What a speial treat of a post. Love seeing your work.

I must say I am very curious to see this cute little Gravatar guy in bigger detail. Am I asking too much? Being too nosy?

Oh and you know what? My "shy graphic designer friend,Jae" sells her designs on Zazzle.com. All she does is upload her designs and Zazzle takes orders for all kinds of products people want, tees, mugs, etc. etc. She makes a couple bucks per. You may want to look into it, possibly?

Have a super great New England day! Sure I wish I was in your beautiful area.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks. I've been practicing horses since I was 4 that I can recall. I spent alot of time with actual horses studying thier anatomy, had an "invisible horse" model, book collection, n Breyer collection to help study too.

JanF, Oh thankyou- Thanks for all the info on Zazzle. I'm afraid to give away the original for free by posting it that way- why small was ok. Need to prove ownership- n yes, someday get paid.
If I could figure out Java script for disabling right clicking/selection for the pic I'd feel lots safer...

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Oh yeah, the old right-click thing, I never thought of that. I am not sure how that's done.

I'm still amazed you did that with a cursor, you must have one steady hand.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

very nice ST, I admire those who can draw. Hey if ya ever do figure out that right clicky thang let me know.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

Your unicorn is beautiful! She makes a fabulous gravatar. You're a talented artist! :)

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I have a Java book, haven't found that code yet. Some sites have it, but it's a hidden file at a remote site (can't copy it).
It was truelly torturous at 400%, (zoom in, zoom out), pixel by pixal at some points... n that older machine was sso slow!

Paige, thanks, ya, I will- been trying to get it awhile now...

ThommaLyn, Thankyou for the kudos for Snag Grav n my talents. Of course I have many Arts-related talents n secrets hidden off-line...

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You are a true artiste. And I foresee your best and most prolific days ahead. Both fame and eventual fortune!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thankyou my wise, fortune-telling, funny, friend... I like to think it is so- but with inflation I may need two fortunes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home