Sunday, June 07, 2009

Deck Decs

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2009
.
.
Mischief keeps a close eye on me, because I don't want her to go down to the lawn, n she's def planning to get away with some grass eating again. She has grass in containers on the main deck just for her, but likes the wild stuff better. She makes a good ornament.
.
There's more fleas n ticks down there, never mind neighbors who may drive too fast over her on the lawn if they return now. Then there's alot of wandering felines she'll attack when she sees them, even tho she's old, n short- tho stocky. She's really an indoor cat with supervised outside privileges.

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2009 .
.
I'd awoken one day deciding I really wanted this thing for the deck. Went to the store I'd seen it in, but couldn't find any. Then, after I'd given up, there on a clearance shelf by the exit there was the last one! One more day n it would've been too late.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2009


The toad water gauge with glass eyes will really help me decide if I need to water the deck plants. It'll also make a good conversation piece. Actually those eyes remind me of a special cat named Teri I had for two decades, gone a dozen years now. It only rained .25 inch this am. It's odd I had that urgent "Get that" thought just after dreaming of the recently passed on woman's garden, before I knew she was gone that day.
.
Deck Decorations are a good thing...

6 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

It's cute! The rain frog, I mean.

Cat's cute, of course. Did she show you her personality before you named her?

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

at first glance it looked like the frog had a bong...... then it hit me what it was, ah.... a frog that measures rain, lmao! I like it, have you given it a name yet?

Actually I named Mischief, her baby name was peanut, I waited to see her personality before I gave her her adult name, lol!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, He is, n round. Good Feng Shui.
BBM named Mischief, See above. She used to live here. I had a childhood friend with a black cat same name, who may be reading this...

BBM, I can see the similarity! I wonder why that didn't occur to me...
Rain Toad still has no name but Rain Toad. Warts all over = toad, not frog, but still amphibian.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I like the look that the cat has.

Sort of looks like me after my first day back at work after a long weekend.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Frog sucking on a bong, lol.

Ah, your friend named Mischief, how nice.

And boy, I needs me some help with my Feng Shui. hard to maintain it in a perma re-model. But it's all a little test from The Great One and I've so so so so many blessings. Like this day, this computer and my new reading glasses. Finally got some for these 45 year old peepers. Just the lowest dose 1.25% but they make life very much better.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Back at work trying to sneak a ...?
thanks

JanF, BBM had to notice! I suppose you could make one out of it, but really, I want the rain gauge!
Feng Shui / wind-water... All about placement, colors, n round-flowing shapes. My house uses alot of it. MB got me a book, n it is a design concept.
I've been doing reading glasses 7 years now, n have to wear them while walking at work. I use diff strengths for diff things. Less for walking, more for sitting detail stuff.
Before I needed them I used them for soldering tiny circuit components, then knew I needed them when I couldn't tell what kind of bug was crawling up my leg...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home