Saturday, June 27, 2009

Short Pier

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jun2 2009
.
.
.
The sun rays have shown for two Days Off this week! It's in the 70-80F degree range to boot. Folks have come out of the woodwork with summer clothes in droves.
At the Short Pier, boats visit for short spells, n tie up dingies for getting to the moored water craft out around the harbor.
.
Kids are out playing on the roads, now sprung from school for the summer. Everything is louder, every errand takes longer. I wish my days could be longer also. I've too much laundry backed up from when it was difficult to hang-dry quickly (I'd like the laundry chore to be over).
.
Today I had a free, live, Blues concert from the village bandshell, while out on the deck with Mischief, before a neighbor began weed-whacking to drown it out. At least I got to sit in the sunlight for fifteen minutes before the interruption. Then I couldn't concentrate, n closed my book. My errand run was very short as rent-pay time again approaches this week.
.
The pic was taken on a brief pier walk Thursday while going to pick up the mail. Today's post is a bit abrupt as well. For the first time in months I'm attempting to go to sleep earlier, n awaken earlier to get to a wedding shower in Metro-West of Boston for lunch-time. I wasn't even going to post today, until I remembered not uploading the week's photos yet.
.
I've been taking fewer pictures recently, trying to make the most of the sunshine to get so many put-offs from past rain-time done. I'm still not finished with deck re-potting, but at least got to a little bit, in the few hours of available dry daylight since awake. The biting buggies are making the most of it, n feasted on my exposed skin.
.
Now of course, I'm wide awake n trying to wind down early. Normally, I'd still be working at this hour. I'm thrilled I took a second day in a row off (First time in 9 months)! So at least I don't have to work all night after my drive this time. I'm attempting as much rest as possible around the planned activity, because it's likely the quietest it'll be here until at least August...
...
See ya after my early nap, n early drive up n back...
Happy Sunshine-

5 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

First two days off in a row in nine months! Must feel like heaven. Will you get a vacation, per se this summer?

Another great pic, summer's back.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Hope you enjoy every moment of free time and I hope the sun keeps you company along the way.

Love the photo - that just looks like summer on the water!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I feel like I've been pregnant with work... No vacas allowed until busy season is over (autumn).Thanks

Talon, Free time is wonderful, even tho it's overcast again today.
Pics will be full of folks n boats for awhile now-

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

You have a great way of describing your day that makes me feel as if I can see and feel everything with you. Thank you for the beautiful photographs - what a lovely place to be.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, thankyou for the enthusiam for my writing n pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home