Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gilligan's Isle

Sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip
It started on this tropic board
aboard this tiny ship.
.
The mate was a mighty sailor man,

the Skipper, brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
on a three-hour tour, a three-hour tour!
.
The weather started getting rough,

the tiny ship was tossed!
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Minnow would be lost, the Minnow would be lost!
.
The ship set down on a shore of this uncharted desert isle,

with Gilligan, the Skipper too,
the Millionaire, and his Wife,
the Movie-star, the Professor, and Mary-Ann,
Here on Gilligan's Isle!
.
Yep, I know every word n note from the good old days. Actually, these lyrics were posted on ESR awhile back in September 2005 in a Post titled "My Isle."
This is how I know I'm a Relic...

9 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Howdy do!

Making a reciprocal visit to yours. I found it to be a interesting little blog.

It's always good to find a blog that is situated in my backyard (so to speak).

I will definitey become a frequent visitor.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I have always loved that tune too!

And the show.

But how come Ginger had all those outfits for a 3-hour tour?

oh, and commenter G up there is a cool guy and a loyal blog follower.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi G, you're welcome here anytime, thanks. I haven't bumped into too many fellow New Englanders in Blogland recently.

JanF, I have to sing it thru each time I see the first line! Ginger had to travel with a trunk full of stuff- she was spoiled. Luckily, she didn't have to bring her entire entourage...

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger nene said...

ok just trying one more time hi glad to hear from you

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger TALON said...

*humming right along*

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I hear what you mean. Until I found yours, the only other New England oriented blogger that I was able to find, was "Whole Latte Life", which is based in the New Haven, CT area.

Also found a neat one from Yale University.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Nene, Happy hi 2U2! I tend to like this blog comments thing way better than email, due to all the ads in there. Get ready for warmth!

Talon, I sang it thru again! I can't stop myself!

G, Hmm, interesting site name, if ya drink coffee.... (I quit!) I do tea now, cause I was going broke on it. I was reading one from near my home-town area, then she shut down n deleted it all! I reallty hate that- I have a few neighbors in the links here somewhere...

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger sheila said...

Grrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaat. Now I'm gonna be singing that all day! (one of my all time fav shows btw)

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Sheila, Well, it beats the Brady Bunch theme, right? Oh no... "Here's a story..."
I really wish they'd re-run Gilligan for today's kids-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home