Thursday, October 02, 2008

Fish Tales

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2008 .
.
Finally! A dry afternoon arrived after some early thunder showers I didn't quite sleep thru. Everything outside is still pretty damp, but I got myself up n out there anyhow. My eyes were stinging with the sunshine glare as most of the clouds moved out. It's been a week since I'd seen Sol.
.
Looks like most of Canada's getting a major storm and what just left here is adding into it. (Good luck up there- getting out of that extensive cloud cover).
.
Again, this week I've been working way too hard due to employee shortages at work. People who haven't taken vacation time seem to be dropping like flies hitting a bug-zapper. Getting tired, aggrivated, n pushing the self-destruct buttons... A theft of an expensive, electronic device prodded a normally calm person to violence on the perp caught with the goods. Injuries, arrests, broken alliances, n a split relationship all followed the breakdown.
.
There went another three, hard workers. Unfortunately, the orders have to get out nightly, no matter the circumstances. Always the same people, over n over are expected to pick up the slack. Always the same quick to burn-out positions to fill. All because they don't offer decent time off, n a few more bux an hour. Bad economy news just fuels the cheap excuses.
.
I'd been looking forward to shorter hours instead of running the marathon on a daily basis, but it seems I have to keep running to total exhaustion repeatedly. Unfortunately, I already feel like I never even had that time off! I'd be more rested, but the power-washer next door did me in for yesterday's sleep, then the longer night-shift, then the thunder interrupted today. Right back to burn-out Day Off...
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2008
I found this 3.5 foot fillet remnant down on Bcove under the D-bridge at mid-low tide. I was anxious to get some new October pics to share here so stopped on the way back from the store.
.
Finally, on dry land, but skinned alive....

12 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

that poor fish!

your def is much much worse than mine, honestly I can't believe your employers get away with as much as they do.

fyi- turkey is being planned to d&j's this year. we plan on being there. if you were to join up on facebook, you could get in the convo amongst the family. most of us are online on facebook, except eil, car, aish and yus. even Barb and J are online too!

did you catch the debate? I felt like stabbing my eye with a pencil much of the time Ms. Palin was beating around the bush

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i meant you say your work.. is much worse than mine

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Glad you finally got some sun in.

with the economy the way it is, companies are just going to take advantage of the fact that workers are easy to replace and work us to the bone, much like that fish.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I hope you can get the R n R you must be ready for. Even meditation can be good. A walk in a woods while skipping and making up some crazy songs?

I found you with the "Songwriting" tag on Blogger.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, readers have no clue how much I don't rant about my job (n want to)! No time to signup this week- 6 days again! Saw the debate, n felt no questions were answered or fears abated!

Xray, Glad to see you got the point about the pics n what I was saying! Decent Jobs are so tough to get right now it's not funny. Even McD's here isin't hiring now!

JanFun, Thankyou for the visit n comment! That silly thing to do sounds like an excellent idea. I have woods right across the road, too! The last tune I sprouted did start with "Thankyou for the sunshine..."

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Skye said...

Hello!
We finaly got a drop of rain last night. I'd gladly trade you jobs for a week, we're sooo slow, we're paying work to let us be there!!(not really)
I don't know how anyone can say that Palin did good;I felt like I should be roasting marshmellows around a campfire, I kept waiting for thr ghost story .
Enjoy that sunshine while you can.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

(in alaskan accent) you betcha she didn't do a bang up of a job. (wink)
her maverick ways will lead her and Johnny boy to go huntin' left wingers with her new expanded humdinger of job powers.


hahahahaha

were you able to catch SNL last night? hilarious.. well the Sarah Palin intro was... I loved how she ended it with "for those doing a debate drinking game... maverick." then she motions taking a drink. classic.

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, my job is so hectic, it isin't funny- I'm sure you don't want these blisters! Hope you're company does alright thru this rough patch.
Ya- the "Liver!" ghost story-

MB, Yes I did- was a riot-
SNL's ringer, Tina Fay, is so close to the real thing, side by side you can't tell them apart- now that's scary!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

And how goes it this week in the salty duned land?

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanFun, Wow- repeat business! Hopefully I'll get to post my next report soon, if I ever wake up- zzz time

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Wow leve it to me to get left behind,Love your picturs..
Oh know that the torest have gone "Pal" took me to the beach,and you would you belive it !! that guy with the bage shoed up and I had to get off,but while he was talking to "Pal" iI peed on his tires..(Thought you would like that peace of new's See yoou soon Buddy

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, lucky you didn't get a ticket- I've seen many dogs on beaches here lately-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home