Saturday, June 21, 2008

Long Time

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
I seem to be slowing down on ESR bloggy lately, myself. Mostly I'm just exhausted, n working my butt off on chores in my free time. I've still got tons on the list waiting for more energy, too.
.
Finally, it's happened- I've got a Summer Neighbor! ("R") I've been alone here so long this year, I was beginning to wonder if anyone could afford summer vaca...
.
I used to be really annoyed about the sudden noise, season's past, but this time I actually feel relief some one showed up after all. Besides, they're not the most annoying folks. Just wait until next week-
.
I'm betting the majority of yearly visitors cut-down to the 4th of July for their main fun-time this tourist season...
To drive to the nearby little market , I had to wait for two large droves of teens to get out of the road. School in town has just let out for the year.
.
The day was also the Summer Solstace, the longest Day of the year. It seemed like a long night at work, too...

8 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Ah a lot of money in the world comes from tourists...now if we could find a way to have them spend the money without actually being there.

I'm usually not doing anything on Memorial Day or July 4, I take my vacations when no one else is for my own sanity.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, I do that too, I had a few days in November, then 1 day last week. Work doesn't allow July, even tho I'm due a week-
When you find Sanity, tell her to give me a call-

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

Where I am it seems that most of the seasonal visitors from the North have decided to stay because they can't afford the gas to go back home. And traffic sucks!

I am missing Sanity too!!!! Where the hell is she????

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, I bet it costs more to drive than fly up the East coast now- At .99 per gal in '01, the round trip fuel cost me $88 bux in my 4-cyl truck (1600 miles on the odometer). Quadruple it- for today! ($358 at $4.07/gal, never mind larger vehicles-)

When they whine about the heat, tell them to go back home...

I don't know where she went-

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

she must be on vacation....

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, She could at least send a postcard!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Yep I have lost 2 lbs. walking,"pal" don't go out in the truck to much.
The nabores just make me bark at them(Can't wate till thay go home,but as snaggle said. "Were are thay ????" So quit..
It's hot,have a nice week...
Buddy

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, I think this next week there may be the most tourists to bark at- Stay Cool digging holes over there across the cove.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home