Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Pseudo-July

*-I have a pic to insert here, not letting me yet!-
It's not quite July yet, but it sure feels like it...
...
Truckloads of tourists have just arrived in all the window views from my apartment perch. Getting a jump on the traffic rush, no doubt, sure to begin this week-end, while I attempt to get to work on time. I'd left fifteen minutes ahead of schedule Monday, just to get stopped in heavy traffic back-up spilled over onto my secondary route choice because of an accident on a parallel Highway.
...
Up the street where they'll have the main 4th party-grounds n flea-market, the carnival ride rigs are already parked in the main lot where the roads will soon be barricaded for foot-traffic only. I'll be missing most of the fun this round. They scheduled fireworks with the annual Summerfest for Saturday, n I gotta work. I have the 4th off, but there's nothing happening Tuesday... it figures!
...
Sometimes it feels like everyone has the week off except me, but it's not exactly the case. All the medical, entertainment, n food service workers are doin overtime for sure!
...
The weather guys are just guessing the expected conditions on the week-end (Cloudy n maybe afternoon rain). But so far, at least, Saturday looks good. Crowds of summer people get very bored n cranky when it rains alot around here... It's certainly gonna be a drunken neighborhood all week!
...
Caught enough news today to hear there's lotsa floodin with heavy rain happenin all over DC, PA (at least 10 deaths reported), Jersey, n MD (Mid-Atlantic region). Just like the situation which occurred here in MA, (NorthEast region) this past Mother's Day Week-end, posted about earlier.
Over a foot of rain'll do it every time!
Mostly because of those darn dams!
...
I hope Neo hasn't paddled down-stream yet... Tis the year for flooding... 300-year storms, 100-year storms, PA had a 50-year storm, n there's still desert firestorms around in AZ. So many weather records have been broken within the past year, it's truelly frightening!
We know the planet is a bit off-normal, but how bad it this gonna get? Should life-boats be mandatory house-hold equiptment? We all need to consider what'll make us feel safe, n
*-I have a pic to insert here, not letting me yet!-
houses on stilts with removeable water plugs in the floors are beginnin to look pretty good!

9 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

hello friend - stay dry and have a safe and sane weekend ( or at least safe)

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi David, sanity will be at a premium here until Labor Day, but I'll settle for safely making it to work! Thanks, I'll be around soon...

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Neo comes riding in on his boat

Snag - Yup, I'm off on the 4th too. Sadly the bastards that bought my company took the 3rd away from us. We used to get two days for the holiday.

I was hoping to get down to the waterfront to see the fireworks, but considering all the rain we've gotten, I think all I'll have to do is walk out my door eh?

Good luck fighting the traffic!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, don't forget your Mae West (vest)!
Be greatful ya get anything for hilidays, I'm still getting zero paid time off! Puttin in OT (involuntary) n exhausted this am...
Need all the luck I can get with the traffic, getting back home Sat after work down the hlock after the fireworks will be near impossible!
Hope ya stay dry (except for the beer).

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

The Weather Gods have gone crazy... I just heard a report that southern Germany had a freak hailstorm. Golf-ball sized hail pummeled the area, doing a lot of damage. I'm almost afraid to ask what's next in store for weird weather.

So sorry you will miss the festivities surrounding the 4th, but I'm sure the neighborhood will make it last with parties all summer long. It's what the tourists are good at: noise!

We'll also settle for you to make it to work safely!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I'll drink to that!

I'll come pick you up in my new row boat and take ya to work.

Have a great 4th my friend.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, wow! how bizarre!
Now we have multible Portuguese Man-o-War sightings (over 50) from Westport to just one town away from here in "Buzzards Bay" (the water)!
Thanks for the commiseration, I get to miss the whole thing!

Neo, not a bad idea!
That's lotsa typos...!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger X said...

Keep dry and safe, hun! Those water levels don't look like happy times!

And BAH to tourists. BAH I say.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

K, Thanks, I'll try. The Eastern US has been deluged this year ! Rivers with dams are the largest problem with the huge rainfalls here.
Naughty loud tourists- ya, bah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home