Saturday, April 22, 2006

Yolk

I'd like to publicly thank the Easter Bunny (n his decendents) for leaving me many sugar confections to egg me onward this week.
...
Did I leave you wondering... Where have I been? Sorry to keep y'all waiting. Been off-line almost all week, n burning myself out at work as usual. I tried to warn y'all posting would be light... I'm actually not recovered from last week yet-
...
I'm so relieved there's no more tax instructions to read this week-end! Phew! I thought that would never end...
We're still well under the regular rainfall amounts here, but the plants have finally begun to sprout up with the little water we've gotten. More rain is forecast for Sun - Mon this week-end. That should help with the tree-pollen allergies which are knockin me for a loop n sapping away all my energy.
...
Got about a million household chores waiting for spring-cleaning too. Today I already tackled a mile-high pile of accumulated junk-mail, just making sure something important wasn't in there. Last year, one of my bank accounts changed it's statement format to an envelope size resembling a type of ad I get often, n didn't find it til weeks later, when I couldn't balance the account without it. Luckily it wasn't tossed yet, so now I always double-check. Been tossing into the pile awhile... Oh well, missed another Publisher's Clearing House contest deadline last week-end! I could use a big jackpot soon! (sigh)... Also, I found some good coupons, like 4 bux off for the oil change I need on the truck, so it wasn't a total waste of time.
If I could just clear off the rest of the paper piles now, time for more plastic file-containers again. That's the thing about writing n research. Lots of materials to go through , n many different project piles going at once. If you put the pile away so it's inaccessable, chances are slimmer you'll find time to dig it back out to work on easily. Too much playing catch-up for me lately, n tons on the back-burner of my life. I wrote a tune about that once...
...
I'd like to spend more quality time outdoors this season.
I thought I'd get to un-covering the downstairs garden-beds this week-end, but it's overcast and went down to the 30's early am, so still a danger of killing off the plants. None of my deck perenials are showing life yet, except for ferns, n the many baby evergreen trees.
The Christmas Cactus in the back room is still blooming away in gorgeous hot-pink though! (I think it's a little season-confused...) At places along the roadside today I finally saw some daffodils up, and the past week I've been hearing "Peeper" frogs while going by the bogs n marshlands on the way home. Spring is here somewhere, but avoiding me this week-end...
...

Oh well, I really need some rest anyhow. Getting pretty sore at work lately, it gets to the hands n eyes. The motions are repeditive n high energy, so now I wanna do just the opposite! I'm still lookin for something better, n closer to home. The pickins are still low-paid n slim around here, though service work will be pickin up with the tourist season, there's a tone of caution that this may be a slower year by area employers.
Fuel prices are back up n I'm losin too much to the almighty pump outa my pay. It'll affect travel frequency to the Cape for people too.
...
I've noticed in my free time I'm avoiding driving anywhere that's not absolutely necessary, myself.
Now, back to avoiding more chores until it's warm enough to make it worth-while... !

...
A.T. and daughter in 2004
NOTE:
I'd like to thank all you bloggers who added my family/friend member, ("A.T.") who's in a battle for her life, to your prayers. Your Heaven-sent wishes are powerful. The improvised prayer-chain seems to be working, according to her OLJ writings. Her initial liver tests this week came back better than expected, (clear), and she's hoping her upcoming surgical tests push her status back to to stage III. Any way you look at it she's got a tough road to travel. Everyone who's ever known her is praying she'll get to pull through this.
http://www.caringbridge.com/

7 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Yay for the tax papers and instructions to be put away for another year. What a pain in the butt that is!

My Christmas cactus' have season identity problems as well, and bloom in November and Spring. I'll have to rename them something other than *Christmas* cactus, cause it's just not fitting anymore.

Gotta love those coupons. We are so similar it that respect, as I found one for an oil change in a pile I let go as well. It was nice to get an oil change $9.95 at the Ford dealership, without them hasseling me for additional service stuff to get done.

Prayers still being said for your friend... and so glad to hear she had a better review on her last test. She's lucky she has you for a friend, as are we all.

Also~ I never thought of my profile pic to resemble Mary Poppins, but glad you mentioned it, because I loved that movie as a kid... and still do. You are so creative, and I wish I had half your talent for thinking fast!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Ellen, how about "Off-Season Cactus"?
Ya didn't get a hassle for an air-filter? How unusual... Gues sthe coupon distracte them! I just replaced mine by myself a short time ago, n bet they'll try to tell me I need one anyhow!
Thanks for continueing the prayers, she's got aways to go yet, n appreciates all of them. She wrote that she believes last week's news was a miracle due to prayers. Her outlook is so much more positive as a result.

The potted tree looks like a Nanny-Lady with an umbrella to me... of course it could be a bonsai work also... but can I see how it says "Secret Garden" to you.
Being creative is why I exist!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I hear ya there, glad tax season's over too! The plant life has been springing up here in philly too. Everything is so green!

If you're budedy A.T. has a blog send me her link I'll drop by and wish her luck!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, nice to see the green stuff again, isin't it? I just wish the week-end weather could be nice to enjoy it...
I sent that to url you in em, there's a guestbook, not reg commentz as we're used to -

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Hey Snag!

Prayers flying for your friend! And awesome to hear the report is already better.

And yay for the easter eggs keeping you going. hehehe. Nothing like abit of chocolate for motivation, huh.

Autumn colours are in glorious splendour here. I'm taking a drive south this weekend (Arhg with gas prices being what they are!!!) but can't wait to get into the mountains.

Take care... and happy gardening.

xx

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

ill pray for her now

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi CJ, Thanks again for your prayers! N ya, chocolate n jelly-beans are givin me some pep this week- I really need some...

The fuel is difficult to pay for here this week also!

I hope it decides to be warm enough to plant something soon, nights still in the freezing zone this week again!
----------------

David, Thanks for your Heartfelt prayers for A.T. - Every single one counts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home