Thursday, February 07, 2019

Google Plus Notice found today

This greeted me on my dashboard:

Quote:

"Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019. 

Google+ widgets: Support for the “+1 Button”, “Google+ Followers” and “Google+ Badge” widgets in Layout will no longer be available. All instances of these widgets will be removed from your blog. 

+1 buttons: The +1/G+ buttons and Google+ share links below blog posts and in the navigation bar will be removed. 

Please note that if you have a custom template that includes Google+ features, you may need to update your template. Please contact your template supplier for advice. 

Google+ Comments: Support for Google+ comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog. "

.............................................................................................

TG I did not upgrade to Google Plus!  MB you may have probs with your blog now!

6 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

who knows waht will come tomorrow.
I'll just have to wate and see.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I just hate getting pushed out of what took so long to figure out.
Next project is getting another phone n being lost on that...

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I never got into Google+ to begin with. Got really annoyed when they added me to it w/o my permission, so I did my damnedest to come off 100% obnoxious to anyone who attempted to add me as a friend in it.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G.B., I'm glad I fought tooth n nail not to switch over too! But My daughter did, n has integrated material on her blog. I guess she'll lose all the comments n widgets.

Esr still has the HTML template it began with in 2005, but I entered new links n color scheme myself. Being an old fuddy-duddy has for once paid off! Glad you are ok too!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Have no idea if I did or not.
I guess I'll have to wate and see
if I get booted.

Cut off date I'll post to you and hope for the best.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I have a template like yours on my secret shadow blog, so I don't think you are. MB posts elsewhere n has n auto link to the google plus one. It tends to operate more like a tumblr blog, n everything is working on widgets. I hope your blog still works!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home