Monday, November 19, 2018

Spells, Potions, Curses, Enchantments

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018
This past year was special in my family, when MB aka Erica did DNA testing at both Ancestry dot com, n My Heritage dot com as a cross-reference. Last year my brother had mentioned Ancestry had found a first cousin he'd thought was an error.

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

Erica's searches revealed unknown cousins on both sides of her family tree! Yes, we figured out that my Dad's youngest brother had a secret, adopted out girl. His sons were some of my fave, younger cousins to hang out with in Maine. Turns out she grew up n lives now in New England.

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

We are all now friends on FB. Also it felt weird to find out my newly found cousin is just slightly older than me! Luckily she had wonderful parents n a good life. Also she loves cats!



Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

Some cousins are ignoring the new family member's existence, n really it's all up to the individuals. Most of us tho, go with "The more the Merrier" theory. She never had the sibling n cousin ties the rest of us had all those growing years.


Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018


My ex's father had apparently re-married n had several more children we didn't hear about. So MB really found some fun new family ties to get to know on that side too. Online tools do make it easy to connect or choose not to as you please.


Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

MB found out alot of interesting things like UK,  n European DNA origins. Plus locations of earlier generations on my side going way, way back!

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

One of our ancestors who lived in the 1700's lived to be 65. Interestingly, her occupation was listed on a document as "Witch"! Erica's joke on FB when she posted about it was that this fact explained  few things...

(... like some folks in my family having weird, occasional ESP moments.)



Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

The image played with today had color change filter twice to get these Neon-like color versions.


Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

I'd meant to post about this closer to Halloween going by, but here we are almost week 3 in November already! I had uploaded these images a week ago, n just got to the writing part now. Time is really slipping by me lately as I try to sleep more.

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

This image is original colors. The Dollar Tree had this cartoony- witch pic as a poster in the window. I thought the text n subject might be a fun image to put under my spell...

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

These are the first color pallet change.

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018


Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2018

I really like this version.

Photo Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2018

Here's a closer crop of the original photo used for the above altered images.

Photo Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2018

Finally we are back to the cartoony - witch's shelf which caught my attention as I passed by.

Time to move onto being thankful to have an extra day off this upcoming week. Yay!

5 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Those photos are all so different in mood and spirit! Maybe you can find an old spell book? I am with you in that the more the merrier.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Yes, they seem so different but from the same thing. I think that dna may be why I am so good at memorizing song lyrics n stuff... I see no harm including someone who seems genuinely interested in us. We have a family group online. My Mother was always adamant we include n embrace all new family married-ins n adopted. I agree with that attitude. Thanks

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I tried to select a "favorite" image but loved them all.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger cube said...

Yes, I agree with Tabor on this. I'm too wary to have DNA testing, but if I were to find new family members I would reach out to them. Blood is blood.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I have that problem often! We us have good Art taste...

Cube, I haven't yet. Some info is strange on origin countries, different than I was told. Like Germanic instead of Dutch. Yep, n there is always room for more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home