Thursday, January 03, 2019

Begin 2019

Photo by SnaggleToothMay 2014


Going so slow to start off a new online year with posting. No altered fun yet, just a pretty picture from sunset past at the little bridge I miss taking pics from, found in old files.

Having two back-to-back holiday weeks of having to work morning to afternoon, then overnight the next day, on work-week days 4 to 5 will do it.

 Folks at the house not allowing me to sleep on my only scheduled sleep days made life even more difficult, (yesterday again!). Add on top of it a case of flu lingering on-
It is amazing I did anything...

Still, I haven't sent out any cards, or come up with the ambition to write notes in them.

I find it is difficult to cast away a year in which several important loved ones have passed away. In 2018 I lost a brother, a dear Aunt, n a young co-worker friend who committed suicide. My reaction to all these sad events delayed itself until recently.

Seriously, I don't want to work on holidays anymore. (All so I don't get cut a day of pay). It is time I get to do some of what I want for me.

I haven't been feeling very happy n never did say Happy New Year to anyone. Even on Facebook, without even explaining myself there. You need to hide so much on that forum, it makes your life seem like a dream-like utopia...

For my B-day in November I got a 2DS Nintendo (hand-held game),  n have a bunch of Lego games. My little portable dvd player died last week, so I bought a new blue-ray disk portable player yesterday, so I could finally watch a blue-ray film I got for Christmas, "Solo" directed by Ron Howard. I did like it.

Now I need more music n artwork time. I got a bunch of watercolor pencils, paper, n brushes as a present. I need to learn how they work. Hopefully that will be a fun adventure. I am so tired of not getting anywhere with what I want to do with my time.

Blogger has been on the back-burner of cooking plans recently. I haven't cooked one holiday thing yet either, mostly because of the folks n dogs in the house making it difficult. I can't afford to move yet, prices here went way up, as minimum wage is now $12 per hour now, tho I got no pay raise n have been devalued by work yet again. Somehow, I don't think this year will be much better.

I am still buying lottery tickets, so not all hope is lost ... almost like in a Star Wars film.

6 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I am sad that you do not feel happy. The movie SOLO should have made you smile. I loved that one. Sounds like you have a lot of upcoming projects to look forward to. I like your photo at the beginning.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Snaggle that Beast of depression at least has not got you like it did your coworker that's a good thing.

Depression the Beast Within our minds. We always say it raises its ugly head to strike but then again is it not constantly with us, constantly running Havoc with our thoughts, constantly living within the realm of our Souls.

It sounds like you brought it out into the light so it can't hide within its own Shadows.

There's more than you know that envy your strength. So hang tight and give the rest of us hope.

Now have a happy and better 2019 from desk49.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Do not give up on a job hunt or a new house hunt...perhaps even many miles from where you are no2. The odds of finding these successfully are far greater than the odds of winning the lottery. Stay focused and realize how special and unique you are, but how you are the same as all of us.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I find it tough to watch everyone on fb having a good time while I can't. Some folks at work added to my down mood. I would like to feel more positive for artwork, because it affects my patience I have little of now. Thanks

Ellis, Yep, you seem to know this animal which ate up all the joy these holidays. Seems everything is in my way of getting what I want, n zero progress has been made since I moved over here n while still at the job I don't want. I don't know how I made it this long Without freaking out... Thanks

Tabor, I have been looking n looking for a long time. This time of year here is the toughest for work n moving. Even winter rentals are way over-priced at $1400! I am aggravated at not using my talents as I should. Thanks

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Unfortunately, this is the one of the concrete examples of the hysteria behind raising the minimum wage, in that it can affect people negatively. Glad to hear though that you're finally gonna start doing things for you as opposed to everyone else.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G.B., It seem raising Minimum Wage only raises the passed on living cost. n does not benefit anyone when employers just cut hours so you really don't get more money. Everyone at work is pissed about not getting another dollar! If only I thought I could ditch work to free up time to do my stuff... Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home