Thursday, August 23, 2018

Dragon Flies

Marker fill-in by SnaggleTooth 2018 

Two different pics were used to alter this week. One is a marker fill-in colored book outline, the other an actual Photo of a dragonfly out in the garden.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

The weeds out there have far outdone the crops at this point. At least I still have garden beans to eat from the 4 plantings I did. The Zucchini flowers are all popping off, n turnips n radishes are being so slow to grow. I pulled out a tiny carrot today by accident. Only 3 more are alive. 


Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

A green Horn-worm the size of my index finger surprised me by eating large bites of each tomato after all the leaves were consumed from the only large vine. Maybe I'll still get tiny ones from vines in the 2" pots that didn't get transplanted.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

I have had so little time to spend out there, as my Days Off get so rushed lately, plus dodging downpours.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

A shark attack made the news this past week on a beach in Wellfleet, probably a white. The 60-ish man should live, but got horrible leg n torso wounds. I have yet to jump all the way into the water this year.

It's been a good summer to stay in the ac with the unusual,long,  hot, streak suffered here.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

As so many around here have stated this past week, we live in New England because we like it cool. Lately it feels like a tropical place, n we are sick of feeling too hot... I seriously wonder how the southern folks can do it!

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018


Photo by SnaggleTooth 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018


We got teased this week having a couple of 70F days before getting back into the steam bath. The pollen has been proliferating n making me take too much benedryl. On top of that I caught a cold from a co-worker. Somehow I got thru the workweek.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

Taking extra benedryl messes with my thinking. I babysat instead of sleeping yesterday, n lost my pocket radio. I left for a walk today without it, n felt naked! I don't get to hear much music lately.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

I had just a few minutes to shop for the week yesterday, n forgot to buy milk for my tea! I was back out on that mission today without tunes. I did however, pick a $5 scratch tix that won $100!

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

 I made it to the library only to realize I'd forgotten the memory stick with these pics on it to post. It would have been so much faster!  I had to return dvds anyhow, n got that milk plus cashed tix, n got some b-day presents with it. Back home cleaning out carry bags I found the radio with dead batteries.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018


This a.m. I slated for sleep, but the new foster doggie, a Jack Russel Terrier mix, barks too much, n awoke me every few minutes.
Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

I stink at keeping up with Facebook b-days. n I am late saying Happy Birthday to 3 people I know, all born on the Summer Solstice! 



Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

So Neo, Ellen,  n Teresa- I hope you had good B-days.!




Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

Dragon Flies for you.

Oh n for Lynn too- she loves Dragonflies!

Image by SnaggleTooth 2018

(This is my brain on benadryl)


7 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

These are spectacular! Strange to think of N.E. HOT!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

That's a shame the worm ate the tomatoes!

I wouldn't go near the sea if there are sharks about!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, Good to see you here again. Glad you enjoyed the images. We are tropical still! So unusual! Thanks

LLcoolJ, Yep, I was so mad! Months of care gone in a few days! Guess I really should check every day to prevent the damage getting so bad... Most beaches I visit are in protected harbors with plenty of boats n no seals in sight. But yeah, that was an accident begging to happen sooner or later. I've been watching the water like a hawk when toe-dipping! I am paranoid for good reason.... Thanks

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

As one of them there southen boys. I do like it hotter then cold. We have been in the 90+ with the heat index in the 105+ group. My clothes have been so sweaty my plastic clothes hamper rusted. I don't think it has been to hot. Tho my job this summer has been to keep dumping ice in the lake to keep the fish from being cooked.

Have a good time and try to get some more days off.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I adore dragonflies. And so odd that it has been so hot there!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

In almost every part of the world, the Dragonfly symbolizes change, transformation, adaptability, and self-realization. The change that is often referred to has its source in mental and emotional maturity and understanding the deeper meaning of life.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Some like it hot, but me - not! I'm just itching for a cold nip to the air, so I can fire up the old crock-pot without cooking myself. Fish are better fried or baked than boiled. Nice of you to Ice them.

Lynn, I remember your favorite bug n am happy to see some around, too. We are toasty still.

Gran Annie, Thanks for the info. I want the self-realization part for myself. I think the deeper meaning of my life could be that bloggers have more fun n friends! Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home