Thursday, June 28, 2018

By Any Other Name

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

The national Independence Day vacation extravaganza on Cape Cod is conmmencing. It is the busiest work order week of the year. Also it is peak traffic jam time locally.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

 Again I will have to work during the fireworks - Boo - I have not seen them since I have worked at this job, over a dozen years ago, because it is always on the week-end.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

I finally deduced that Wednesday is the 4th, which is my regular Day Off, so I do not have to work on the actual holiday! I won't be able to do regular errands for the week, either.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

But yay anyhow. Looks like I may have an excuse to not do much.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

Still need to call other folks to see what they are doing. I'm so used to having no holidays, they don't expect me to be able to...
Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

We are humid here now, n I'm about to walk home in a downpour. That's ok, I'm not working!
Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2018

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2018



7 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The heavy traffic outside my home started last night. The road to the lake was already busy. Guess Independence Day will be celebrated this weekend by most. The dogs and I will be staying inside.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

A day off with nothing to do.
I hope it don't rain you out.
Stick to your guns and say no to work.

Happy Forth.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, So you live in a vaca hot spot too! Some folks I know have camps on lakes in Maine or New Hampshire. I hope they give you a few fireworks for free without freaking you n the doggies out! Thanks

Ellis, Sounds good huh. How did you know they were trying to get me to work? Good advice! Work is really crazy now! Don't know how I get thru it! I will! thanks.
Happy Independence Day to you too!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, we are still getting fireworks at odd times across the road here!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

So did you get the day off? I hope so. Here in the UK the 4th of July is just another work day.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ! Yep, they asked n I refused!. Has been so bad at work lately. So many quit, or call out. No one wants to be in a hot kitchen in this hot weather! The ac is better there than home, for me at least! Thanks

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I didn't see any fireworks either. The 4th just isn't what it used to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home