Thursday, October 05, 2017

Flowers

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2017

What a truamatizing news week ! To me it feels similar to how I felt for days after the 911 attacks - glued to the news n feeling like my everyday stuff to do is  unimportant.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2017

Why would anyone want to  be remembered for doing a huge crime like that? Killing the most in a public mass shooting?

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2017

Turns out thanks to FB, I found out my cousin's husband was there in Las Vegas for a work convention. One of his partners, a mother of 3, was one of the killed. Folks from everywhere go to that place.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2017

They had no clue what stakes they were gambling with...

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2017

Yet, so many folks around me here continue their day to day like nothing happened. They are able to ignore it n feel it has nothing to do with them.



Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2017

But for me I wonder as I walk down the street, go to a festival, go see a film, or just to the store - if some hell - bent maniac will decide to end a bunch of lives just because they can.


Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2017

I hope whatever took away the shooter's respect for life, God, n rights of those around him never happens to anyone again. There is no justification for all of these killing acts. And so little we can do about it.


We all do our best to teach our children the basics of good n bad, but can't control what they ultimately decide to do with their lives. Hopefully we can learn the right lessons from such a horrific event, without someone trying to do even more damage for the notoriety... 

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2017
Flowers for the numerous victims - living n deceased.



10 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I agree with all you've said, this is a lovely tribute to all those people affected by the events in Vegas. I suppose we all do just get on with our lives even after something like this, as life goes on, but sadly for those people killed it doesn't. Awful tragedy.

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ , I work with people who are totally unaffected! They are apathetic n can ignore it all, I guess. I may get on with life activities, but I feel differently about public events! Live music is something I have attended many times. Hopefully young folks don't grow up thinking this stuff is normal... Thanks!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

We have to go on with our lives. If we let this ugliness get us down we are no good to those that survive. We always try to find reasons, but then we do nothing about the reasons.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

We haven't even come close to knowing what caused this man to do such a horrible thing. It is painful to know how the families of the victims can even begin to carry on.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, having attended many concert events has me really wondering how the industry will deal with this new threat. A friend in CA won tix to Vegas for a national pool tournament n had pix from that concert spot on fb about a month ago. Truelly it makes you think twice. Thanks

Gran Annie, I think he just wanted to see how many he could get, n thought nothing of the affected lives. He had money n a good life. There are no known motives n somehow, we need to convince everyone not to want to do this again. How do you sway a hell-bent sociopath from causing harm? The numbers are staggering in that instance! I'll keep praying for them all. Thanks

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I doubt if anyone will ever know what caused that man to do that despicable shooting. And I don't like it when they put his photo on TV - that's probably what he wanted.

It really hits home when you hear of the victims' lives - such as the mother of three who worked with your cousin's husband.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snaggle your everyday stuff is important. Don't lose sight of that.

Tragedy should not stop you from creating. The world needs that to offset the negative energy.

Peace,

-N

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, yes, I agree the less notoriety killers get the better. I'm sure there are folks from all over the country connected to victims from that concert. Thanks

Neo, plus it is super depressing on top of depressing. What would you do if it were your performance? Offsetting that would take tons of good deeds! Thanks

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Best get started then! I like challenges, how bout you?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Ooops, 10. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home