Thursday, June 15, 2017

Sum Mer

 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

I've really been running out of play with pics time. Plus my pic program keeps crashing on me. Considering how much sleep I've been losing since living here, it's amazing to do anything for fun. I've taken alot of pics I won't use here, but will admit alot is going on around me that's due to the home owner here. And lots of animals. The cats are spending most time outdoors due to an influx of rescued dogs. I'll expand on that another time. It's been tough to sleep thru barking noise lately. I have been taking less pics in general Than before.

 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Work was nuts trying to do all last week, due to a machine breakdown the cleaning crew caused by shorting out electronics. My clothes looked like I spilled a can of sugar paint on them after my shift. What a huge mess I have been dealing with. I need new work shoes. I've been scrubbing them with a brush. It also got my back sore more as I had extra inches to lean over for hours on end. I pray that machine gets fixed before I get back there.

 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017


 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

More seedlings came up out in the garden n the ants seem to be chewing them already despite powder insecticide. I did put out ant n slug baits last week. Looks like a bumper crop of strawberries will be harvested, if then sun stays out long enough to let them ripen. The patch is about 8 by 10 feet. I'm counting on my kitty friends here to keep the bunnies n rodents out of the garden area for me. I'm still convinced that containers in Chicken wire are the safest bet on what will produce more. After planting beans in the ground three times already, there are still only a handful of surviving plants...

 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017


Next I have to figure out good spots to put the little tomatoes seedlings from my window. I have to avoid places they have been before to avoid blight. I'll begin transplanting some today when I get back. Loving these long daylight hours, altho running out of time anyhow!

 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

No texture or color change on my fave one here...

Watched the new "Logan" X-men film, 007 "Live or Let Die" again after years,  finished the "WitchBlade" series, n am in the middle of HBO's "Extras" series - English based, (Ricky Gervais).

 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

 Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Today's pic has a fuzzy head (from movement) of my garden help. I do have a Catnip plant in one container. I really like this photo for several reasons tho, like you can see the neat color of her  eye irises, plus you can tell how tiny those bell-like blooms from last week's pic were.





Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2017

We are feeling summer heat here finally, n I'm not complaining!

Have a good 
Week-End!

7 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I do love a tabby cat! Have you thought about getting a noise device to run while you're sleeping? There is a yappy dog who lives in the house that backs up to my condos and they allow him into the backyard late at night. I have a noise machine that just sounds like white noise that is perfect. It blocks out the yapping and the heavy footsteps of the neighbor upstairs. Here's a good one: http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20961823,00.html#for-natural-noise-marpac-dohm-ds-0

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

The texture of the fur makes for some interesting photos! Rodents are the challenges to our vegetable and fruit garden every year. If we had not ticks we would get a dog!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Blogoratti said...

Great images, warm greetings to you and best wishes!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger cube said...

Cats are the best answer to rodents and a fine mesh the best natural answer to insects and birds.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks for the link to check it out. I've been using a fan plus low volume TV but I never seem to stay asleep until the alarm sounds.

Tabor, They sell excellent tick repellants for dogs now. Me 3, dogs zero!

Blogeratti, thanks for perusing ESR. Stop by anytime.

Cube, I think wire is good but I don't like when plants grow thru it before I can get it unstuck. Apparently beer in jars buried to ground level will slow down the slugs too... Thanks

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger cube said...

Be generous with the wire beforehand and you won't have to change it so often. My mom, a very good gardener, uses salt on slugs and it doesn't bother the plants. Just a thought.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

cube, Thanks for the tip- I was worried about making the soil bad for the strawberries, but was going to try epsom salt. Much appreciated! There was a slug in every red berry I picked yesterday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home