Thursday, April 20, 2017

Surprises

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017
A couple of odd things happened recently, I'd never expect.

I finally got a new Dollar Tree dec last week to replace the autumn leaves visible in my window from the front porch, I went out to see how the new thing looked from there n noticed a glob of drippy, running goo on the inside center of the window glass obscuring the view.



Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

I hadn't sprayed anything there for insects or anything, n have plants to water there. But I hadn't seen it earlier due to a bin on a shelf infront of it. The mess on the glass kind of looked as if it were lumpy, clear bird poo, n ran all the  way down to the windowsill. I got out some vinegar n paper towel to clean the sticky stuff, when it finally occurred to me what it was.

 The first winter after I moved here, I put some snowflakes on the windows. It had to be one of those silicone, gummy, self-stick, peel-off, clear ones, all disintegrated!

I guess it had bio-degraded...?

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017
Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017
Last week, I had time to walk on the village beach n feed the gulls. I brought  some old bread from work with me n had the camera ready. But as I was going from the beach house building to the place I saw gulls by the water's edge, Another person walked by me on what had been an empty beach when I'd arrived. 


Of course I said "Hi," n the young probably late 20-something guy started asking me questions. He was clearly a mentally challenged person, perhaps with a mild disability to be out here unsupervised.


Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017


Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017
Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

He asked me If I liked sports, n which sport the best, so I answered about Baseball n how good the Patriots have been recently. Then he asked me if I watched fighting, or wrestling, or was interested in martial arts with kick-boxing tournaments.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

So I said I don't watch fighting much, n no, I don't have a favorite fighter.Then he asked who in my family I'd want to fight, older or younger, n would I want to hit them with their stomach open or closed, n just got my brain in a knot, not wanting to relay that I'd never do that n didn't want to talk about that.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

Plus I had limited time left. So I stopped answering him, explained that I wanted  to feed the gulls, n had just waited over a year to do this, excuse me please -

So I turned around, ignoring him, n started with the gulls n camera.

After a few minutes I saw he had continued to the bluff stairs. 

All I could think of after that was, "Whose kid was that? n What would they think about so much gung ho fighting talk coming out of him? Pumping up strangers to go beat the heck out of someone... a very strange conversation that was!"  


Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2017
 For the first time in years I had take-out Chinese food from a near by place last week. I've been opening extra fortune cookies every few days. (I still have one left).

Monday my fortune cookie read :

"Financial hardship in your life is coming to an end"

So I laminated that little piece of paper using wide packing tape, n put it up where I have to see n read it often. The best fortune ever!



8 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

That could have been a scary incident with the kid. Hopefully someone is responsible for him and was watching. I am so happy for your fortune. Hope it is a true one.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger cube said...

I hope you stay vigilant and always stay aware of your soroundings. Please promise me you'll do that, OK?

I like your fortune cookie, but they're not always reliable. Just keep your eyes open.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I can"t believe that old anti-uSA women spam bot it still showing up here!

Gran Annie, luckily he wasn't trying to kickbox with me. I would've had to beat his butt. I'm stronger than I look! He did seem to be on his own. "My days of financial hardship are over" is my new mantra..?

Cube, I could have handled him, I think. Don't worry. I'm always vigilant but friendly here. We are a tourist town. I do prefer to be by myself on the beach. I also want the universe to hear that fortune n get it for me!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

An unsettling conversation with the young man, for sure. I think you handled it exactly right.

I hope your fortune comes true! You reminded me that I had a fortune cookie in my purse, left over from picking up take out yesterday, "You have a charming way with words and should write a book."

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Fun with forsythia! And your walk on the beach makes me homesick.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I guess the guy didn't know it would be inappropriate to talk to strangers about who they want to beat up... I hope so too! I bet any book you would write would be humorous n uplifting, n I would read it!

Colleen, I did weird things with forsythia last spring also. It had a hedge with a green, chain link fence. I got a bad headache breathing there. There is no other great feeling like being at the oceanside, I'm hooked on it n don't want to move away! I only moved across town n I miss it too! You need a beach vaca!

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

That conversation with the guy on the beach would have unsettled me too, very strange. Sounds like you handled him well.

I hope your fortune comes true!!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, it was a bit sad he was used to getting brushed off tho- Thanks, it would be so much easier!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home