Thursday, June 08, 2017

Patience

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017


Wow, what a long week I put in! I got super sore n impatient the last few days, n wondered how I'd get thru to Day Off again. I did have a few silly days of joking around while I was slap-happy, n over-tired.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Then Day Off arrived with so much built up to do that I barely got to doing pics to post for the next day by 3 am. It had been raining with pop -up showers the whole week, but cleared for my free time finally, yay.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

I had a super-clutzy, losing things I just had, n knocking stuff over evening doing things at home after errands. Prior to that while doing errands I was challenged by the bottom coming off-flapping of my favorite, old, cross-trainer shoes. I did a temp-clamp with Dollar Tree rubber bands, then when home I glued them together n re-clamped off my foot.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

I went crazy looking for a missing old shoe to garden with, but gave up n used good ones so didn't dig much.


Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

I'm discouraged with ground planting. I've done the same spots for beans n squash now 3 times with seeds. What had sprouted got eaten almost immediately by insects. I've been using "Seven" Garden powder in between raining.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017


Yesterday I put out some ant traps with cups over them to keep out rain n the cats. I put some seedlings in containers n surrounded them with chicken wire. Maybe those will do better.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

I'm paranoid of putting the tomatoes out there now. The only ground plants doing ok now are the radishes that I won't eat, just planted to help carrots sprout, n a few peas along the garden fence. Everything else seeded is still MIA.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

But on the bright side, The potted, pale, purple Lilies of the Valley from the old house finally came up n gave me one sprig of cute, 1/4 inch bells for the first time! I had expected them much earlier on the spring, n had thought them gone.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Tough gardening n being patient when over-tired n working too many hours.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2017 Purple Lilies of the Valley

The altered pics today are from a photo of them this year. Maybe other plants will show up off schedule n give me some free food n blooms...

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2017 Purple Lilies of the Valley



5 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The Lilies of the Valley came to you as a gift from God as a reminder to be patient:-)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger cube said...

Gardening is something that's never come easy to me either. We've got grape leaves so far but nothing else this year.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I've really needed more patience lately! Losing it on my tablet too! So glad they didn't die, I really treasure them! Thanks

Cube, I like when it goes on autopilot after planting, but this year has been super slow! It is a tough lesson that you need to keep up on plants to head off problems. I don't have all the time I need for daily care, so hope they survive to my free time every week! I hope more goes to automatic for your plants too! Thanks

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love those Lilies of the Valley - they are so dear. I'm glad they came up for you. Love that blue garment floating in the background there.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Those are unique flowers I've never seen elsewhere. They aren't as invasive as their white cousins either, n don't readily spread. They made my spring! Another pick of them being posted today also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home