Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mud Season

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2017

After weathering almost weeks of daily spring clouds n rains I almost feel amphibious. Despite cool-ish temps, a few squash seeds I planted outside have begun to sprout. I spied some ever-bearing strawberry blooms yesterday. There's plenty of flowers like Phlox n Tulips in gardens out there in time for upcoming Mother's Day.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2017

 I have no plans for that besides work, n trying not to get too sentimental about missing my mother 17 years now.  I do miss the phone calls to chat we used to have in the old days the most.  I really hate getting cell phone cut-offs here, n make few calls these days, most outdoors where the signals are stronger.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2017


Looks like the week-end bbqs will be a washout for the Mom holiday this year.  I'm hoping the upcoming storm will push the gloomy pattern out to sea so we can get warmer here.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2017

My window tomato seedlings are about 5 inches high n soaking up from a plant light when I'm home. Hopefully I can keep them happy a few more weeks in here. I've had the little heater on these chilly nights lately.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2017

Altered pics today are of a frog dec from the Dollar Tree hanging out in the garden. His brother is chime-less, n hanging in my window to cheer up folks coming in the front door. I had pics of it with reflections on the windowpane somewhere but can't find the file. Losing things is one of my recent hobbies, n then wasting time searching n not finding it when I want to use it. Just too tired out from work n little sleep with so much noise here.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2017

I reverted to my older method of changing texture n color before using the mirror this round. Also, I have weeded n cleaned much of the garden since then. That's the strawberry patch full of weeds in back of the fence. The cats n I are hanging out there alot, as no one else wants to garden this year.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2017

I got a cheap Catnip plant for my kitty friends. Of course the cats think the garden's the worlds biggest kitty box!

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2017

I just want some peaceful time outdoors n free food. N frogs, I like frog decs.

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2017

Have a good Mother's Day this week-end, despite missing Moms, naggy Moms, n the wet weather.


8 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Sorry for the loss of your mother, but it says a lot that you still miss her so much. Gardening is for the soul and mind and tummy!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I used to see my Mothers eyes tear up alot on Mothers Day- now I understand why. I finally got along better with her after my Dad died. She could always understand what I went thru with motherhood like no one else.
Garden is sprinkled with a bit of aggravation, n visible reward! Seeing results for hard work plus accidental volunteer plants is always good. Thanks.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger cube said...

Sorry about your mom. I guess you never get over that loss. I lost my father on Monday so it's still pretty raw for me. I don't think it will be a happy mother's day for us this year.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger colleen said...

The flea beetles have come early and many like refugees crowding in boats. The already ate my squash sprouts and my basil starts. This is the first year of being motherless. thanks for the artistic pick-me up.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cube, it's true that loss is such a big part of life to deal with for everyone. Sorry to hear about your father. It makes holidays tougher to get thru. Just let yourself be wistful, then get over it n enjoy the other part of it, those you still have!

Colleen, you'll have some sad nostalgia too! Sorry your Mother is missing this holiday. The first is the toughest! I am kinda jealous you had yours so long! My parents never saw my kids get married n have babies. After all these years, I still reserve my right to feel wistful n allow them to be missed. Very fondly. Have as much fun with the little ones as you can to make new good holiday memories.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Mother's Day is always difficult for me since my mother died. She was a treasure. Hope you had a blessed day.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I miss my mama, too. She LOVED Mother's Day.

That frog is cute!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, It was ok after all, but yes, alot of misty moments! Hope yours went well!

Lynn, It's tougher I think when it hasn't been too long. Hope you had some fond memories to help you through. I like the frog so much I got 2! He's good for a cheer-up! Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home