Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Shucks

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

This week I won't get to be online at my usual time, so I left early for work to get a post up this week.
Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

I'll be running myself ragged at work with a six-day work - schedule, one beginning in the am when normally I sleep.  It will be all I can do to get groceries n laundry done in one day.


Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

This week had another person, my ex-BIL , departed from the living. Due to his religion, burial took place already n there is no way to  do anything or go anywhere. It's tough to just keep working when you are sad about the way things are. I'm too good at not reacting when I probably should.

I've noticed that just because folks get divorced doesn't mean once you've let some one into your heart doesn't mean you can lock them out n not care when life throws them a curve ball.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

They are still parents of my nieces n nephews who I knew for years at gatherings they can no longer attend. I still consider them family, but don't get to visit with them. I still have an ex SIL who remarried, n I haven't seen her in awhile, but do miss her. I found a hand-written note in a card she sent ages ago, n tho it says nothing much, it does say she cares between the lines. That I must hang onto as I attempt to let go of them again.




Photo by SnaggleTooth 2016

Someone's been shucking quahogs, muscles, n oysters. I don't eat seafood, have had a few bad reactions. I'm sure the folks who like it are bummed out  shell-fishing is closed on most swimming beaches with the summer season.

Hope to find more blog time next week. Have a good one!

6 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Sad that seafood is closed. Mean pollution has reared its ugly head. I am also sorry you are so busy but always glad that busy people are getting a regular paycheck! I have not lost friends to divorce, yet, and hope I never do.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The worst part of my divorce from my children's father was losing my in-laws. We stayed fairly close but nothing like before and they were all the greatest. I joined their family when I was 19 and basically they raised me until I was 29. Formative years for sure. I am sad for the loss of your ex-bil. Know it would hurt me to lose either of mine:-) I keep saying how much I love your new colors. Wish I knew how you do this. Fantastic!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I spoke with my ex-sister in law recently - she said, "I still love ya!" I feel the same about her. So sorry for your loss - it is a real loss.

I hope you can get some sleep soon, my friend.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yep, once we make those deep connections, they are always there.

Nothing like finding an old card or letter, tangible artifacts that take us back in time.

Maybe it's racoons eating the shellfish?

xooxoxoxoxoxo

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

yet Snaggle does work not keep
one from thinking too mush
or having time to even think.
No time to take care of ones own needs.
Only the boss in which they lavish.
You a slave to those with money and power.
Tho I speak I too kneel down head low
at the first of each month years after
the last day I worked.



 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...


Tabor, The summer population brings problems with it- Amazing you haven't lost friends to divorce, it is so common nowadays. Lucky you-

Gran Annie, It's definately tough to know how to feel about Parents who didn't support the children, but I decided it is still sad to lose them. I have a button-clicking addiction in PainShopPro I think!

Lynn, Yep it is a tough thing, divorce on other folks around you too! Thanks. Getting a few ZZZ's this week- yay!

Jannie, I'm having problems throwing these items away- I like re-reading them! I'm pretty sure those are the folks here. Thanks

Ellis, Time to think sometimes helps. but not always! too rushed here today! I'm having the last laugh this week, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home