Thursday, April 07, 2016

Cracking

Image by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016

 Yep weather is nuts this year, seems normal has been cancelled until further notice. Of course it's spring-time, so all the warmth has deserted,n been replaced with snow, ice, n Polar temps. I knew there'd be a price to pay for that earlier nice weather at Xmas time.

Image by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016

 A couple days ago we got slammed with about 8, heavy, packed, slushy, inches of snow here. Of course I had to go to work during the storm, got totally drenched, n had to shovel some places at work. Very slippery walking in slush too, then it crusty-iced, n there's still alot of ice around. Today it began to melt a bit at least. The wind-chill is tough to endure for long out there tho. It's effectively Winter, out of season again.

Image by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016

It's seemed like an easier week for me, if only missing the one workday from the beginning.

Image by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016

I recently watched movies from the library: "Dracula, Untold" with Luke Evans, which I really liked - about how Vlad the Impaler became the monster. Great effects n plot. ; and "There will Be Blood" with Daniel Day Lewis as an oil man. I didn't like that one much at the ending.


Image by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016

Also watching a 3-movie dvd of Stargate SG1 stuff I own. According to the bonus materials it was the longest- running Sci-Fi tv series. Years ago I used to watch it after the original movie came out. Also I used to watch the spin-off series "Stargate: Atlantis."

Image by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016Image by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016

When I get bored, stifled, or feeling like I'm getting nowhere, (like these days) I always turn to thinking of endless possibilities that watching or reading Sci-Fi cues in my thinking.

Image by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016
  I'm so grateful I got this little, portable dvd player so I can see films again. It definitely helps my state of mind improve in dreary weather.





I'll be walking back in the rain today...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Spring 2016
.
My Dad used to always kid us, "Hang onto your toenails!" as we left with him for a city drive. He was a last-second brake stomper. (wow I just found out on wiki that a Stomper is a type of rifle!)

The squirrel here always hangs on by his toe-nails at this bird feeder right outside my window.



4 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

I hate the way squirrels ruin bird feeders. I know some like them, but I can do without them

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

We haven't had snow but cold has returned and I don't know whether to leave on the AC or turn the heat back on. Love, love, love your pictures!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Darn squirrels! It was chilly in the southeast this weekend, too - I had the fireplace on for much of the weekend.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, there doesn't seem to be a feeder they don't get into some how - I like watching them, n their playful nature. On the other hand, I call them Tree Rats...

Gran Annie, We are roller-coasting weather here as well. Can't keep up with it here. Freezing out n windy, but looks nice out the window! Thanks Glad you are enjoying them!

Lynn, Yep, really glad I'm not paying for Spring heating this year! Keep warm, I'm sure "Too Hot" is just around the corner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home