Thursday, February 18, 2016

Lots to Read

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2016

Recently, I was the object of a book-gifting project online, thanks to Erica B and "The Bloggess," who is one of the authors. I received eight great books to read from Amazon. Folks are doing a good job of trying to cheer me up with these.

I'd like to publicly thank all of the gifters for their kindness.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

They came with a bar code thing to scan with a smartphone to send thanks notes - but I can't figure it out on my semi-smartphone yet.
(Probably need an app or two). Most things paid for so far have refused to install for unknown reasons- Formats must not be compatible.


Image by SnaggleTooth 2016


I've been feeling like such a whiner lately. It's tough when all you can think about is negative things going on around you. There has been plenty.

Well the bright side is we only played icicle a few days here before the weather swung back to above freezing again. It seemed down-right balmy with sunshine when I walked Wednesday. I had to un-button my coat, n I didn't wear a hat. I had to go get a new one, because the last two mysteriously disappeared. I can picture them snickering n running away while I wasn't paying attention... Luckily hats are cheap this time of year. The plow-piles of snow are almost all melted away from sidewalks now.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

I'm still not recovered from the heart products day of early work last Saturday. Still unable to make-up by getting extra sleep this week. The house female kitties, who need fixing, are meowing loudly often, interrupting what ever sleep the people here aren't. Amazingly I'm plodding on in my zombie state n doing needed things.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

After being dropped my camera was finally snapped back into one piece, (minus a timer  indicator light) n still functions! Yay! My little dvd player fell (darn cat again). I crossed my fingers n put the disc back in, n it still plays - Yay!

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016
 It's been a "Twilight" movie series week for me. I'd forgotten so many of those soundtrack songs, my fave part are the ones in the credits n in bonus music videos. I still think soundtracks are one of the most important parts of a successful film. So many I don't see twice because the music did not impress me. But my faves always have sound I wish to hear again.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016


I'm doing pretty good at tax form avoidance. Definitely need my tired brain together for that. I still play too...

9 Comments:

At 4:17 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

The graphics are different this time. More swirly?? They remind me of the new fad of adult coloring books. Maybe you should publish something like that. Glad that things have been found, repaired and replaced. Spring is just days away!!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I still have a rather dumb phone. :) But am actively saving for an iPhone!!! 'cept I had to give 2 parties back their $$ on eBay today, defective merch I didn't realize. :( Oh well... all part of doing biznizz, and learning about tools I am not familiar with. :) The eBay angels shall come my way again.

Do them kitties have any gentlemen callers??

What kind of winter hat do you like to wear?

xoxoxoox

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

So glad your camera isn't broken! And lovely that you got those books.

I have a noise machine that I put on when I'm sleeping. There's a yappy dog in the yard behind my condo and it drowns it right out. Just a thought.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

For some reason I like night noises. Sometimes I will hear the roosters crowing in the middle of the night and often Slim will go out and run the back field barking. I listen a minute then go back to sleep. When we lived in the city I even liked traffic sounds.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

omg. cats in heat are the worst. I remember Kady before we got her spayed she was, as I say, "backing up to everything" and her meowing was the most obnoxious sound out there! I hope B gets them spayed super soon!

You got a bunch of books! I have read them all except 2 (the Patrick Rothfuss and Brene Brown books) and loved them all. I'm a huge fan of all the authors I chose for you- I hope you like them!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Snaggle Tooth a lot is going on nothing bad just a lot of things. So I'm taking a break.
Have a great life.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I don't want to deal with life with no cam, that's when you see a zillion things to take a pic of! Yep - same process as the others, different color scheme, shapes, n orig pic. At least I get to share it here- thanks

Lynn, Me too- Still reading for awhile here- fun books too- I always have the tv on low volume when sleeping or I ring myself awake! People here are clunking in the hall with boots. Then the playing kits- Thanks

Gran Annie, Wow- guess they can be comforting sometimes. I don't sleep soundly often tho, involuntarily. Thanks for another viewpoint-

Erica B, (MB), The boys are getting fixed, the girls are more expensive. Now there are two!
Thanks for all the entertainment!

Ellis, No rhyme, the first time- Must be tons weighing you down- Enjoy your rest! Thanks !

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Wow you got a real collection of books. They'd take me years to read! :D

I'm a very light sleeper so I wear ear plugs in bed, every night without fail. They really help. I can still hear an alarm but it kills a lot of the other noises out.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Yep- luckily reading is allowed. One book down, the rest to go- many are blog books! What would ours look like in that format? We should do it someday I think- But that's extra work! The house echos in the hall n shakes with boot-steps. Plus a high-pitched 3-year-old is very loud n chatty with sound effects... Plugs haven't worked yet. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home