Thursday, December 03, 2015

I've Been Searching

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015

 I'm feeling alot of holiday pressure lately. I've been having a hard time just getting regular errands done, never mind all the extra shopping. Store line waiting time is limiting what I have time to do.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015



 All my packed Xmas stuff is so difficult to find n get out. It's easier to buy more or forget about it. I'm definitely doing less holiday prep  this year.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015

Today I searched for a light-weight extension cord, a b-day card I know I bought two weeks back, n a pair of new sneakers packed up here someplace. I can't figure out where they are.


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015

 I made it to storage last month, for the first time since moving, but couldn't find all I was looking for. Do have the old PC back at least, just need to be careful of over-loading RAM n hard disk space. I'll put all pics on a thumb drive.

Need to go back to storage with more search time. Will probably just buy wrap again instead of have time to go find it.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015

Thanks to new sick-time laws, I have some bonus, paid, unused, sick days to use up by the 31st. I'm taking Friday n have a cold settling in my nose this week anyway, thanks to people coming back to the house from a holiday trip coughing with it. Hopefully I can get more caught up on things, while blowing my nose at the same time. I will take advantage calling out for the other days I'm still owed too, or lose the paid time off. I'm not used to calling in. I've only done it twice in nine years there. I can honestly say I need more free time, especially for the store.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2015

I hate the new Walmart, it takes so much time to walk where you need things-  all spread out in different directions, with less selection, especially clothes. I had to buy long johns after not finding enough for a workweek in my room. I wanted the kind  I had, but they only have flimsy, new kinds I don't like. Someday I'll figure out where the other half of my winter wardrobe is hiding... but probably not soon enough!

I wonder how long it will be before daily life gets more convenient for me. Obviously it could be worse,  but I don't like all this wasted search time factor.

7 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Not all things
are before us
sometime we have
to turn the corner
to just find out
there are more
doors on all sides

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I wandered in WalMart today, huge. Know the feeling of not finding stuff. Did not need longjohns, tho. I used to like the "quilted" cotton kind, but I don't think that's the correct word to describe it.

You will find your other stuff, while looking for something else no doubt. That's what always happens to me. I say, if you can get away with less for Christmas, do it!

And hell, yes, take all the work time that's owed to you. You've worked your butt off for it!!

xooxoxoxo

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I am retired and so I feel guilty relating so closely to this post. You definitely have a lot more to be concerned with but I too feel the pressure of the holidays. I don't shop for gifts but I give money and this year it will be very tight to stay with traditions. I hope you can really relax and enjoy your upcoming time off. You deserve it.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I am feeling your pain as I remember being that way several years ago when I was much younger. Things were just loose ends and lost. Take a day off, when you are well, maybe wear a mask for the dust, and go through your storage unit boxes with a marker and list the stuff on your boxes. Try to move them into sections so that you narrow your searches. I hope you find your winter clothes this week!!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I too feel over whelmed with all the preparations for Christmas. Not only am I doing all ours but my mother's too. Plus we are having everyone here on Christmas day which will involve a lot of extra work. All this for one day, is it worth it?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I've had a lousy cold, too, so I haven't done anything much for Christmas so far. I'm so glad you have that sick time now! I hope you do take it - you deserve it.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I'm definitely living in the hallway full of doors.
I hide waiting to hear no one out there to venture out.
I should write stories about what's behind those doors... Thanks for the brain bender.

Jannie! I'm a cotton girl, all the way- Poly gets me all chapped. Need it here. i already was made to feel guilty for using that one day! (2 more top go).

Gran Annie, I always shy away from cash n go for presents, even when it's tough n more work. My Gramps used to give us $5 of his SS check every year, n tho a small amount, we came to love knowing we would get it when we got to the holiday plum broke, because we could get a coffee or go bowling. Hope your family appreciates what you sacrifice to give to them. I feel like it's wrong to lie about being sick n taking the time- But prob will. Thanks

Tabor, Thanks, good idea for a day off. Most boxes are marked, just stacked so they can't be read. Things I thought would be in their sections were placed there when in a big time rush- I need to be unrushed for that-

LLcoolJ, I think it will be worth the memories years from now when you can't do this stuff anymore. Your kids will always remember all you managed to get done, n try themselves. Good luck with all the fun decorations I know you love to do. There's always a sigh of relief after the day....

Lynn, Hope you are feeling up to celebrating soon. I'm beginning to clear up now- but allergy head-aches are the pits for me. Hope you have sick tim,e also- I'm not used to it. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home