Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sno - Grey

Image by SnaggleTooth, March 2015

I've been having a very busy week with ,many extra things to do.

Finally I got my boiled dinner made yesterday. At least I won't feel deprived of that this year.  It used to be my father's favorite meal, n I miss him terribly. His B-day is just before Saint Patrick's Day, n were he still alive he'd have been 85 now. Yay for salty corned beef n lots of cabbage-

Image by SnaggleTooth, March 2015
The cold is still hanging on here, with the melted down, icy snow piles everywhere, especially deep in my North-facing yard which is still a few feet high. Tomorrow another winter storm warning is in affect, just in time to go back to work again. I just had not worn my boots for two whole days! At least  we're not expecting alot , n a few inches seems like nothing after what we went thru so far this year.

I've been getting all ready for spring activities like  planting seeds n finding paint cans to freshen up around here, now only need 50 F degrees again...

Photo by SnaggleTooth, March 2015

This M-cove zoom shot really looks like  black n white, but it's in color. I liked the glassy reflection when I was taking it. Got some fun colors n faces from it too...

I'm about to spend alot of time reading tax instructions. Joy.

9 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Cloudia said...

You see the riches where others see nothing




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

It is fun to have a family member with a birthday on St. Pat's Day. It is my brother's birthday which makes it special for our Irish family. I know you miss your dad and will always think of the holiday time as his.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Corned beef and cabbage
now that is for me
The cold I'll pass
to much snow to see

Tall boots to keep warm
warm weather for seeds
a bay of black and white
looked nice to me

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I LOVE a boiled dinner, but hubby doe snot, so I never cook it. But I can imagine all that salty tasty goodness in a bowl or 3.

Spring is almost with you, hang on a couple more weeks!!

xooxoxo

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

does not, that should read. :)

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, I'm enjoying your Waikiki sunset colors n missing mine as you can imagine. Thanks- Aloha!

Gran Annie, n you are Irish -We're not. but always celebrated in the Boston area where I grew up. Erin go Bragh

Ellis, Warm boiled dinner
all week for me,
n the snow- it can go-
It just got too deep!

Pretty in pictures tho...

Jannie, Well get the guy a nice hanky! You can't have a dinner, unless it's a lonely one- The price of that beef is hefty now anyway. We need salt in this winter dryness to stay hydrated. Spring seems a ways off from here-

Jannie, It was good for a little laugh- I need one!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That photo is amazing - it looks black and white. I hope it doesn't snow too much and that it melts away soon.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Away from my house for this week, but doesn't seem to be much precipitation anywhere. That photo looks bitterly cold, but I love the composition.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, The snow is melting faster this week, TG! Thanks

Tabor, About to have the second day over 40F since December- Whew. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home