Wednesday, February 04, 2015

On the Rocks


Photo by SnaggleTooth after Blizzard of 2015

There was so much snow around Beantown the past week, I think it affected my ISP service because it wasn't working all week since my last post.

We had storm 1, Blizzard of 2015 n that isin't all shoveled yet, then Storm 2, Sunday night to Monday, which began rain, then flash froze n snowed over the ice. I looked like a short Yeti when I got to work all plastered with blown snow.

Once again I'd like to TG for LL Bean, the gloves, the coat, n most of all the awesome boots that have saved my butt this week...

Then there are many layered flannel shirts, multi-scarves, n a wonderful double-thick hat I cover again with a hoodie hood, before putting on the overcoat.

My cold congestion is finally easing up n I'm hoping to eat some good food after getting to the store this week.

I heard only a little of the Super Bowl on the radio while working Sunday, n was one of the few who knew the Pats won right away- Just amazing turn-about at the end of the game. I just finished watching the parade on local TV. I'm glad I finally got allowed back online to post. 20 minutes for the one pic here, so more will wait.

Now off to errands- 

11 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

You are my hero! Wow



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

You are one hard working gal. This weather is due to mellow out pretty soon, right? I mean how much snow can there be in the world.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, N you are a breath of Hawaiian beauty, Aloha!

Tabor, I missed work when it closed last week, the elec bill went way up, now I can't miss work, need the money. More snow forecast for the morning!plus bitter cold again. The ground hog said 6 weeks... We're in an active pattern here.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I also TG for your LL Bean warm attire. Bless your heart.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I can imagine you are burning so many calories with all that shoveling and walking that you could eat anything!

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I bet some Canadian winter attire could sell very well around here these days If I could find any locally...

Lynn, N today we're subZ windchill again (-24F). So cold, I decided to wait for a 20 or 30F day to get the mail, n postponed my walking- but yes, I burn mad calories. Nevermind the marathon physical labor done all night at work. Today I'm eating alot of chocolate. I missed it when I couldn't taste anything!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

more snow on top
of you. you got
digging out of ice
that takes a lot

a tunnel to the street
is all that you need
will add some lights
with a nice candlee

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Okay I'm not going to complain about the snow we've had now, which has all gone btw. Boy it looks like you are really getting it!!

A hat, gloves and good boots are essential, so I'm glad you have them. Keep warm and safe!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, So much snow, it feels like Alaska here, or Canada. This is what they do all the time, right? I'm weary of the shovel every time I leave the house or come back- Darn plow keeps blocking my path to the road...

LLcoolJ, you have no idea how bad this is getting- The side of the road is shoulder high! I so want to be lazy for a day- but I keep going... The warm clothes are the best investment I made since the LLBean Outlet opened here. Thanks

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

"I'm hoping to eat some good food." Me too, asap! Waiting for Kelly to get ready so we can go down to breakfast here at the hotel.

And more snow since this post! YIkes...

oxoxo

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, at work there's too much sugar stuff, the better nutrition at home- Sp much snow- I imagine it's like this where your parents live every winter. Feels like we're rats running down fox-hole trenches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home