Thursday, March 12, 2015

Night Moves 2

Image by SnaggleTooth Winter 2015

I almost saved these lovely pastel colors for Easter, but didn't want to wait for another upload today before posting. They were already in Drafts.

Today was a pretty, sunny, upper 40 F. type day- just beautiful. I slept late, went out for minimal errands, then started on a big chore list. I still haven't done all the work laundry yet. That's next after this.
Need to work off the meat-ball sub I made for dinner. Been craving that all week, n the frozen Italian ones were on sale 1,5 pounds for under $5, way cheaper than the ground beef  I was going to make some with, n way less work.

Image by SnaggleTooth Winter 2015

Also I have been getting to eat alot of white turnips which I really like. I tried growing some last year, but they looked like small radishes from the cold spring we had. About now is when you're supposed to start seeds indoors. I'll be late getting to it this year again. Some deck plants in the backroom are still alive n may make it back out. But I did buy 4 for $1 seed packets at the Dollar Tree today. Also have garden picked seeds. Still need potting soil, n more of the warm, unfrozen  time.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Winter 2015


This was a shoveling the driveway view facing the front path to the walkway between the porch n road. There is snow up past the height of the four porch steps. Path to front walk is shovel wide. That's MapleBeard/s trunk in front of the "false Sun" streetlamp.More of that camera magical lighting going on here.



7 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I am loving these altered images!

We grew turnips and they took over our lives. Ron made turnip slaw and turnip kraut and turnip you-name-it. Actually all very good.

We are enjoying nice weather these days too but I am afraid to brag about it.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Trying to guess what the image was going to be. Interesting the colors that came about from that night shot.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

It's turned a little warmer here - may it make it's way to you soon, my friend.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

GraN Annie, I like all the images I post- You don't see all the rejects, there are tons! I like turnip just boiled, Maybe in this weeks corned Beef boiled dinner. You even have a Ron n Turnip memory- wow!

Tabor, Silly me wanted what I was seeing n the cam won't do an un-adjusted shot- The altered can be so unpredictable. Tougher to get colors from snow shots too.

MB, I know they plant them in hills like squash. Our growing season was too short last year. Hope to have more luck this time-

Lynn, so far we had the one good day, the rest either frozen, gusty, or rainy. Thanks

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

you're having way to much fun.
snow here lasted 2 days
and then went far far away

We are getting rain
creeks are a rising
no tipping throw the
lilly pads here.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Whoa, some snow!

I LOVE turnips of all kinds, so yummy.

Hungry now. Wish I had some of that corned beef and cabbage you mention in your post after this one, alas none... :) Might do some microwave lasagne..

oxoxo

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, we had better snow than Alaska this year-

Jannie, maybe you could go to the deli n get some corned beef nor a sandwich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home