Saturday, November 01, 2014

Strange Sign



Good sign for Halloween...

When I was Googling "Zombie" I found this pic with an obviously altered message of a traffic  road-work sign on the image. Apparently, zombies are big business these days according to all the internet coverage they get.

I have worked with several folks who love watching Zombie films, n think they could make a good one too.

There was actually a job ad for zombies to play part in a "5k Zombie Run" obstacle course on the Cape a few weeks back. Folks actually pay to participate to run thru hordes of Zombies! N the Zombies get paid... Not my idea of fun. But there are many who dig Zombies,  n acting the part- to the point of obsession!

I used to always watch scary films for the Halloween holiday.There were all the Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, n then the Halloween series of films. My Dad used to take me to the old Vincent Price "Dr Phibes" films when I was a kid.
Then I used to watch the Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits tv shows. Also I read almost the entire Stephen King collection, plus saw most of the book-based films, like "The Shining". n "Christine."
But probably the most memorable film I've seen in the Horror genre would be the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" re-make with Donald Sutherland in it. Then there was the "Tremor" series. Two makes of "Dune" with worms also. I saw "The Omen" ones too.

This year I don't have any good ones here lined up. I'll be working extra hard for the holiday again, n on the day/night, so won't have much fun. The closest film I have on that theme now would be MIB II on dvd.

I found these lovely spider specimens loaded in my PaintShop Pro program's picture tubes, n quickly made this creepy-crawler arrangement.

Can't believe I didn't get back online to post this earlier in the week. Had it in Drafts a week ago. Unfortunately. stuff came up n I didn't get to any other Halloween creativity fun this year. An Inspection for insurance, n a 6-day work-week, right after being sick a few days- can really eat-up all my time, n de-rail the fun... but I ate a Kit-Kat bar anyways!
Hope you all had a good time. (I'm still picturing cars running away from Zombies.)

11 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

All of the old scary movies have been playing back-to-back this week. TREMORS made me laugh because I remember my cousin taking his 89 year old mother to the movie and she thought it was going to be about earthquakes. LOL I also caught several glimpses of Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN previews. That mask is the scariest ever!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

P.S. And, I meant to say Zombies don't scare me a bit. I don't get all the hype.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I agree with Granny Annie in that Zombies seem too weird to me and neither funny nor scary. I do not understand why the culture is not bored with them yet.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Glad you got your Kit-Kat, Snaggle! :)

I'm not much of a scary movie watcher. I'm laughing at Granny Annie's comment because hubby and I had a Tremors marathon last week.

I don't get the appeal of Zombies at all. Or vampires either. Anything that wants to suck my blood or eat my brains...eeewww! Nope. Not my cup of tea.

Hope your schedule eases, Snaggle, so you can enjoy some quality relax time as the daylight hours grow short.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I only had two trick or treaters - two teenage girls. One of them held her purse out for me to put candy in. (I decided that is the best idea ever!)

I don't like scary movies, too much, but I love that sign. How funny!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I missed not seeing any horror films this year. Wish I'd had more relax time. Old films are great, but you already know the plot. I like new takes. Wish there were better new stories, not just replays on old ones.

You're not afraid re-animated dead people will eat your flesh n turn you into one of them? Probably because that one is tougher to believe than murderous maniacs who are human. We've been seeing them on the news so often lately!


Tabor, I think it's because Zombies are easy to dress up as, plus they are in so many popular video games as monsters.

Talon, Candy helps! I have all the tremors films on VHS, but it's too packed away to get out this week. My Dad used to love vampire films. He made me watch "Interview with a Vampire" too. There's not enough daylight for me now already! Thanks

Lynn, Only two? Wow, folks are really getting different about Halloween plans. I made up a bowl but had to leave early, so got none. Thanks, I do like that sign.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

My hair is green because of zombies!!!

Long story, we went to a thing where Zombies slimed us, for cancer research. May be a long time until I get my regular color back. But I look at it like this, many cancer victims lose their hair, so I should count my hair blessings, green or not. :)

I love how the Halloween candy is so nice and fresh this time of year, enjoyed a few Kit-kats.

Hope you recovered from the rush.

I have not actually followed any of the Zombie craze, either. Other than attend the "thing" a friend bought us tickets for.

Yep, LOVE the Stephen King movies. Cujo??!! :)

xooxox

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, Strange the zombies didn't use the wash-out dye! Yes, even having green hair is a blessing. My niece used toi have purple hair, n it wasn't Halloween.
I hope your cat, KitKat wasn't jealous!
Still recovering, haven't written a new post yet, Still sleeping n working long hours.
I've been doing research to see if anything already out there resembles what I recently thought up as a story component. So far I don't see any.

"Cujo" wasn't my fave movie, I felt bad for the bashed in dog! Have met some sweet St Bernards. Liked the Movies "Christine" n "The Shining" better. N for Stephen King books, the Dark Tower series is the best.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I thought Zombies were just a joke?

Love your Spider picture, great one, although I'm not that keen on spiders!

I avoid scary movies. I don't mind a a good thriller but I'd never watch witchcraft type stuff.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Well, what happened ( I think) is just the day before I had done my L'Oreal home root blonding (the last 10 minutes I put the rest of the formula on my entire hair, to even it out) and maybe so it was so freshly done and porous, the dye (what I presume was green food coloring) adhered. Anyhoo, no real biggie. It does seem to get a little less green with each washing. :)

Yes The Shining -- Best Ever Stephen King.

xooxoxoxo

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

llcoolJ, I haven't seen any real ones,but there are lots of movies n games with them. Thanks- I actually try not to kill spiders. Thanks. Different things are scary to different folks-

Jannie, Yikes! Try peroxide, it's safer.... Hope it returns to a natural tone soon! I've read almost everything he's done, except the last few years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home