Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Flag Waving

Image by SnaggleTooth 2014Time to salute the USA soldiers again for Veterans's Day.

I always manage a Flag pic to save for the occasion, this one from July. I had a tough time finding it tho. Since changing computers Alot gets lost in the shuffle of what is on a stick n under a new folder somewhere.

My brain is still over-tired from missing three days of sleep last week, which I'm still catching up with. After work lately I've been eating dinner quickly n going to sleep before I get on-line for a change.

I'm hoping the Arctic Freeze heading in doesn't slow me down even more for a long period of time, because deck plant pick-up n leaf raking is still waiting on my ambition. I should be happy just to get to the store n get the laundry done, but There is still too much on the 2Do List.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2014I don't even know how folks get out of work for the proper ceremonies n parades for this holiday. Everyone I know still have to work, including me. At least I got up early enough to do this - I fell asleep on it earlier. Finally got around to altering it.


Image by SnaggleTooth 2014

I like this one. Better get back to readying for work...


11 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

I'm saluting your art!




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I'm sorry I haven't been here for a bit Snaggle, I've been away and then without the internet, and when we did get it back it wouldn't load pictures and graphics well.

Love the photo of the flag, and yes a day of remembrance.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, I like the alter you like too!

Photos lost in the shuffle, I have this fantasy that some day when I'm older and "retired" I'll have nothing to do 'cept go through all my old photos and scrapbook or organize them. We'll see how it goes... :)

Stay warm! Hope you got some rest.

xooxox

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, Thankyou, glad you enjoyed it- n Aloha!

LLcoolJ, sorry your line was out so long, must have driven you nuts! You are welcome here anytime you can make it. I hope my blog loads well for you- That happens to me some days, n I load pics one at a time in a new tab to speed it up. Thanks

Jannie, Thanks. I hope when I can't do work anymore I 'll have lots of time for artwork- That's how I think of it. We might need those pics to remember who we were... Staying warm n rest (after errands, raking, n laundry) is the plan this week- n yay, have 2 Days Off this week. Thanks

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I think these holidays should be easy to attend. We should be able to shut down most activities for at least the morning!!!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, it's sad commentary on our world that working gets in the way of giving proper honor as we should, only some can afford holidays. The rest don't get paid time off .

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

It worked for Georgia O'Keefe, eh? Painted all her life, and my favorites in her later years.

Don't know if your 3 days off have come and gone, are now, or still to be. Hope you enjoy(ed!) them, and got some R&R.

xoxo

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, thanks for reminding me about O'Keefe! I just hope my eyes n hands will stay on the job as long as i need them for my stuff! It was 2 days, now I'm beginning the next 2! Yay- Hope your toes aren't too cold there in Chilly TX! Mine are

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

How does a person ever catch up from missing three day of sleep, or even one for that matter. I could never stay awake that long. The second altered photo is my favorite too. But nothing can beat the original!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

So sorry to have missed this post, Snaggle - I'm not able to surf blogs at work like I used to! :) I hope you got some rest - missing sleep is hard and not good.

Love your salute to Veterans Day -

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, There really is no making up sleep. One full day doesn't dent the three missing, but I'm almost thinking clearly again! Yep, the 2nd got picked to post over some others, thanks.

Lynn, No problem. I'm way behind on normal reading too. Luckily I slowed down so it's easy for you to catch-up! Most folks can't at work anymore- not even on breaks. I'm still getting extra sleep time in, thanks. A post day I just can't ignore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home