Friday, April 04, 2014

Frankly



In the land of "Where is Spring?" we finally had a non-rainy day over 40 F here, n I got the front yard raked after errands. TV said the ocean temp is still only 35 F, n the sea-breezes are making it cooler here than inland. It has been a very windy week-

But I'm eternally grateful to not have accumulating snow! It was spitting wet n melting snow during the past week's storm tho. And under the leaves in the front garden were sprouting green Tiger Lilies. Also I've noticed pretty nasty allergy head-aches which require double Benedryl to get pushed down.

Normally, I'd have started seeds indoors in mid-March, but the house is still too cool n heat too expensive. I'll be catching up on the heat bill all summer. Seeds for the deck maybe next week- Home Veggies will be eaten later on this year.

I have a few distractions vying for attention in the next few weeks. One is reading all the paper instructions to correctly fill out the State Tax form which usually takes 20 hours or so.

The other took me way by surprise- A visitor last week brought me "FrankenStein," an aggregate of old machine parts pieced together for a better way for me to be online! 

The stack's RAM n Hard-drive memory is way better on it, n tho I'll still be using dial-up service, it should be faster. I'm still working on installing programs n files from the old machine for my pics. I have to switch the one monitor back n forth, n have already eaten some dust bunnies cleaning up the old wire (cat in-accessible) area. 

The "re-animated" machine has a few limitations, but the biggest is me learning how to get it to do what I was on the old one. This will take more free time, meanwhile taxes are priority, n progress is slow, but steady here...

I actually spent a half-hour cleaning garbage from the woods across the road today, which I always try to do before foliage makes it difficult to avoid the thorns. Definitely a spring activity.

Now I just need to do everything at once- What else is new?  (Pic from last week's unfrozen beach walk)

14 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

It shouldn't be that hard to adjust to the machine once you get to use it more. It should be way easier to lean than some of the newest models.

I hope it works well for you!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, My generation has had to learn every new thing. Win 7 has hidden what I'm used to. Still trying to navigate. Need cam software CD n others installed for pic work. It's a big relief to not get cut-off! Thanks

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

What a nice visitor! Sounds like a nice surprise. I hope that makes things go better on the www.

And sounds as if spring is slowly making an appearance there.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I see a cute kitty with pink ears ablue eyes, heart cheeks an a dimpled chin in your first altered picture.

It makes me happy if you have indeed finally found a better way to be online.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, So nice of her to go thru the trouble for me! Now if I could hurry n figure it out. Spring is still teasing us, then going frozen again. At least Mon will be rain- Thanks

Gran Annie, I see it too! I always see so many alternate faces too- Thanks, I feel very lucky- I was so worried about getting cut-off this month.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I really don't know how you cope with dial up. I hope this new equipment helps speed things up for you!

Glad you aren't getting more snow and the weather is slowly improving.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I can't believe people still dump trash wherever the mood strikes them. We were picking some up yesterday...there's an annual spring clean-up in our city and it's great to get the area cleaned up. Honestly, though, it's so disrespectful of people to use the earth as a giant trash can. Yesterday it was about 50, no wind, sunshine and blue skies. For the first time it felt like Spring. Today it's cold (just above 32) and cloudy so yesterday already feels like a dream.

Just did my taxes...ugh! It seems to come more quickly every year!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Congrats on the new computer. Sometimes a Frankenstein is better than the real thing.

Already did my taxes (and got refunds) and my major headache right now is trying to file my quarterly sales tax return online. I forgot my password and the state of CT is so archaic that I have to fill out a form in order to get the password reset.

Father Nature's Corner

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Better than nothing, but really too slow- You folks are all so spoiled. Thanks. Anything over 50 is great compared to the frozen that stayed way too long-

Talon, the trash here is worse than ever. Haven't seen any other areas picked up yet. Hope you get more better weather to grow your garden, n the dream becomes reality. I'll be relieved to get those state forms all done finally.

G, I hope so- At least I won't have RAM problems for awhile.
I'm actually doing the old Paper forms for state: Online is almost $50 to file. the first three additional healthcare schedule pages always take the longest. Next year we'll have one on the federal return too... I have a password system that allows me to guess the right combo. Sorry you had to go thru the reset thing!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Sara said...

That was a nice surprise and I don't mean the tax forms!

I absolutely love your pictures. the top one looks like a cat to me, but there's so much more. It's like I could look at them for ages and still see something new.

Do you ever think about selling the pictures? Or maybe you already sell them. They're really nice.

I hope summer kicks in soon for you. And you walk barefooted and dig your toes into the sand:~)

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You only have dust bunnies? I have dust elephants in my seldom-visited reaches of this abode. :)

Oh, I do hope FrankenStein works out for you. I know how you have struggled with computer slowness.

Sorry I've been not around much. Nothing personal, of course!! Been so busy. And now a dumb old headache these past 2 days, arggg.

Anyhoo.....

xooxo

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Sara, I have many favorite altered pics in series from ESR. Some have even been requested for living-room art. At some point I want to be ready with separate prints, posters, calenders, books with images n poems, n greeting cards. I just have time n logistical challenges for inventory n taxes currently- So it's waiting. Glad you enjoy them. Barefoot seems far away ... Thanks

JanF, Dust is ready for spring cleaning here- all over. Wires were under a cover, still dirty. I'm still FrankenStein challenged-
Allergy Head-aches from pollen Here we come... Hope the Tylenol/Advil cure you soon ! Thanks

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Saw a good sign today. Flock of Geese flying in a V formation back here. Tons of Robins everywhere too. Snow is finally going away, woohoo!!!

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Canadian geese have been camping at the ramp beach out the window about a month now. They nest here too. Happy Spring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home