Wednesday, October 02, 2013

The Two

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2013

After two entire weeks of trying to post this one, I have given up on Chrome, which will not load my post list or editor after endless attempts. Here I am finally in HTML mode using IE, the only way I can get Blogger to work from home! Sorry I seemed to dissappear, the frustration n wasted time I endured have been unbelievable. The following post should have been posted last week:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something about passing the Autumnal Equinox time marker has my mind go into reflective mode. It's tough to look forward to icy winter temps, tho it's a relief to have more quiet around home. Of course there's home improvements banging away on a neighbor's addition nearby every day as I try to sleep a few hours, but I'm feeling less crowded at least.

My projects got about half underway last week, n I was running right up to the wire of the last night to get to list items. I always feel better when some things get accomplished. So much I didn't get to. If I hadn't been so run-down exhausted I could've done more. I'd finally started wanting to do things about the 4th day in, with only three left to go-



Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2013

Going thru old comment files I saved in Notepad years ago sparked up a iridescent childhood memory this week-


I'm not sure who's blog I once commented on about:

------------------------------
My brother got a black light, painted his entire room black, then used fluorescent neon colors to draw cartoons of crazy stuff (as you'd find in Mad magazine) all over the room!  My parents stopped complaining at me for pinning up my paper drawings in my room.
------------------------------

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2013
All these decades later, I can  remember those silly images glowing under the black-light, n how brave my brother was to do that- incurring punishment from my parents, n having to paint over it soon after.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2013

I've been missing my other cat this week, as Mischief has been a pain making messes all over for me when I'm at work. She's turned 14 this fall. If only she could understand that work isin't optional...
The same sunset from the previous post is shown, different minutes.It's amazing how different the light angle of rays affects coloration.That's the same altered pic with different color combos, made from the top pic.
----------------------------------
Sorry for the involuntary two-week blogging absence...

9 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I had forgotten about blacklight art. :)

It's always good to see your posts - sorry the browser thing is so frustrating.

That sure is a pretty area you live in - I have a friend who is moving to Cape Cod. She's originally from the Boston area, but has lived in Atlanta forever, it seems. She wants to move closer to her family now. I opened my mouth to say, "I have a friend who lives in Cape Cod!" But then figured it was too hard to explain (hardly any of my in person friends know I have a blog.) :)

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I have a bulb somewhere I put in for Halloween time, n there is so much stuff around in neon n florescent color now. Thanks
I've told folks I have friends in Atlanta online myself-
Hope your friend has a good time on the Cape. People here are very open to new folks of every kind.

It's been tough falling off the blog radar lately. I never had such bad issues with my now defunct ISP.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Oh my goodness! I had a flashblack to my younger brother's room and his black light and him listening to Pink Floyd and Alice Cooper! :)

Like you, Snaggle, I dread the upcoming winter. Right now it's storming here...making me feel like summer is still clinging.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, My brother was a talented cartoonist when young.
Now he does landscape design in Maine.

We just had 2 beautiful warm days- so rare this time of year.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I'm surprised that you were able to post this in IE, unless your browser is not IE8 but a newer version.

Usually Chrome is to be all to end all if you have an old computer (like I have) that has an hopelessly out of date browser.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I use a mac so I know nothing about Chrome or IE really. I do everything in Safari and occasionally Firefox.

My mother would have gone nuts if my brother had painted his room black! Ha!

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Yep, old IE 7, I think- If you've ever tried HTML mode, it's quite confusing n you don't want to get the code wrong! Only way it will let me type in text, n have a publish button. My modem is messing with the way Chrome stores loading memory...

LLcoolJ, Basically the browsers don't like my current slow connection. I have a very old Firefox on here too- I do remember how much easier Macs were to use in uni- You are lucky!
I thought my mother would never get over that- She was so upset believing it would show through painting overs- but he did get it covered with a burgundy red alright. I didn't agree with removing the artwork!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Happy soon 14th birthday to Mischief.

We are down to 4 cats now, Primo and Mieshka not turned up since weeks missing.

And I thought MooShoo was a goner to, until today and the neighbor lday passing by asked me if we had a missing caramel cat. Apparently he's been going in their dog door at night and stealing their dog food!! And hanging out in their tree during the day. Gosh! I knew he didn't like the new brand of cat food I started buying, but no idea he'd gone to such drastic measures.

I wish you easier uploading times!

Oh, and totally cool your brother -- artistry obviously runs in your family!

xooxxo

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, Mischief says thank you, Sorry about your missing babies- Hope they magically re-appear. BBM's cute kitty has been missing since July, n I wonder if someone Kitty-napped him or what. It's the price paid for allowing them out-door freedom I guess.
I'm more used to my new routine of button pushing, but it's a hassle. Thanks.
My oldest bro is the only other one with a creative ability- He used to make snow- cartoon characters instead of snowmen too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home