Thursday, January 06, 2011

Snow Shore

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
.
Walking thru the old files I keep finding so many unused sights that just make me feel good. It seems so restful n serene. At the time I only posted what I thought were the best of the batch. One day back last February, I posted this one, yet the file is full of nifty pics.
.
The birds came out good in this pic, but I especially enjoy the colors, how the cam turned the shore snow to a purple-ish hue, n how the low sun is bouncing the light off of it.
.
As I'm sitting here in my nice, warm, armchair with hot water bottles n Mischief, I do remember the biting cold air n wind out there that day. The weather is frigid now, too. I haven't made a winter trip to Fav beach yet this season. Little Truck needs more work soon, n now the higher fuel prices will put a crimp in any unnecessary travels with the increased need to conserve funds.
.
That's okay, as long as I keep finding all these great, dreamy pics to look thru. I'll keep my head in the dream clouds a bit longer...

8 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

If I was a bird, that's where I would want to be. Just lovely.

Stay warm, Snaggle. So wonderful that you have your kitty. It makes me miss my Sophie.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Dear Head-In-The-Clouds One,

I find that too with my pix, there are always overlooked treasures found when skimming back through -- especially of The Child as she ages.

That snow and ice looks nice and crunchy!

xoxo

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

It seems one’s life is full
from where one sets
With A water bottle and cat
close at hand there's
no little run
Yes it seems your life
is quite full and
your having a bit of fun

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Gorgeous capture, Snaggle. Makes the winterscape come to pure life.

That's the beauty of photography - we can visit our favorite places any time we like...

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, me too- there are quite a few that live there. I miss seeing my gull Buddies. Mischief is great as a lap warmer. I miss all my past kitties- Luckily, I have them on video tape.

JanF, yepm, that's the plan- Stay nice n warm n get more mileage out of the files. All my old Children pics are hardcopy! It Must've been windchill sub-zero there= As it is this week! Thanks

Ellis, Yep-m Much more comfy here Than out there right now! I'll try to get some iceberg pics again this year- only got pics of them in winter '07 so far- My life is full of not enough gas money this week! Thanks

Talon, Thanks- I wanted to get more water pics up for our mini-vacas this month. I'm doing alot of armchair travel lately!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Great photograph. Wish I could have enlarged it more.

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its an really cool picture.
Plenty of thing that can quite easily be missed the first time but definitely worth a long look to take it all in

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, If you click on the pic, it goes to a larger one on a new browser page. I guess the originals can print 35 x 26 inches according to the paint program. I use browser tabs in IE to check larger pics. Thanks

ArtsWeb, Thanks. Sometimes my liking for busy shots doesn't work well online where large n simple subjects are more easily seen. i'm missing my fav place this week...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home