Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What's On?

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010 .
Wow, blogland sure is quiet lately! Alot of folks I like to read took the vacation from blogging route this holiday season. I haven't slowed down here much... just checking out the next button feature alot.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 27 2010Not alot of good stuff has been on TV either, except blizzard news. Looks like alot of places like New Jersey n New York got nailed with accummulation, n folks are stuck with after holiday travel all over the USA. Guess it's a good thing I couldn't go anywhere this year!
.
Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010Here on the Cape we seem to have got the least of it, luckily, except the winds. There's alot of branches in the yard. It was too windy out there n my pics were all fuzzy, but these ones. (Yes, these are the downstairs junk out in the snow).
.
Snow depth has been not bad, under a foot, n the roads two days later have much less ice now, tho it's been under freezing temps most of this after storm time.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 27 2010Other shorelines in MA got badly flooded with the tidal storm surge, Scituate got the worst, plus inaccessable fires. Plymouth lost some sea wall n a restaurant. We faired pretty well considering what other folks got from Blizzard '10.
.
After getting off-line during the storm the other night, one of my pet peeves did me in.
.
After the extended until midnight special storm coverage, they showed the delayed classic movie "The Sound of Music." Finally, a real show to watch! I waited for all my fave spots of the film. Wouldn't you know it- Every spot I looked forward to seeing, the "Raindrops on Roses" scene, the part where the Captain tells Maria he loves her, n the near escape from the Nazi's at the end- All three were rudely interrupted with weather updates! Unbelievable-
Wouldn't do to cut off commercials I guess...
(Nothing's on TV but the snow ha-ha-grrh!)

9 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Last is first

Looks like the cat took it all in stride.

Yes it sounds like a lot of inside play time for most families.

They have still not cleaned up after the downstairs bunch I read.

I kept on blogging. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad. What does that say about our lives?

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, sometimes I make her look at the tv, she likes birds n cats. I resorted to old old home videos again! That is the downstairs idea of cleaned up! It had been in the middle of the lawn for weeks...
Well, I'm glad you did! Been so easy keeping up lately it's sad!
We want to stay connected?
Thanks

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I fell asleep watching The Sound of Music the other night. My niece Becky and I encountered a gazebo on a walk one day last year and she danced around it like Liezel did when dancing in the gazebo during the song 'I Am Sixteen Going On Seventeen'. :) We love that movie.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Opaque said...

I slowed down because of the festiv season and the complications in my life. But, I should be back soon. I posted something today.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Howdy!

Junk in the snow, and the broken tv glass looks dangerous.

I guess I am one of the few who has never watched all of The Sound Of Music. Or all of It's A Wonderful Life. Or Fiddler on the Roof, the latter I really was liking. Lots of good things to look forward to in movies.

No snow here. Sunny and a maybe 70 today, but a teeny bit of a headache has me lying low. Saving on gas by staying at home! Played Monoploly with the kid,a nice quiet day.

xoxo

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I remember seeing many stage productions of it over the years, n always like that better than the film- but who can rival that Juluie Andrews singing? one of my good friends was Rolf once, n I helped rehearse that scene! The story always makes me feel good. Sounds like a fun gazeebo dance!

Opaque, Every one needs a break now n then. I went down to once a week from someone else's machine in Summer '07 when mine broke down. I hated not reading n commenting! Yay! You posted again! Thanks

JanF, Hi there! Good to see you haven't hibernated too long- Yep, there's broken glass all over my yard n porch- n I have to clean it or no one will!
I've always been big on movies, n write screenplays sometimes. I worked on all those stage productions in the town Rec Dept n HS when younger. Played Yenta in Fiddler. Love nmusicals-
btw- Thanks for the snail card surpize!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

I remember seeing something on tv where the actors were talking about the show and the actress that played Lietzal (sp?) had broken or fractured her ankle so that scene was torture for her.

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Good thing the movie folks can make it look so good, even with a sprained ankle! Sounds like something I'd do- keep dancing on an injury to get the job done...

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

note: The second image here was shown as a result for a google search for "new jersey sleet pictures" for some reason...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home