Sunday, December 26, 2010

Blizzard '10

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010 .
.
While working on Christmas Day evening, a plan was formulated to deal with today's blizzard storm throughout our company's delivery area. I had to be at work many hours early, n production was cranked out to leave as soon as possible. So I didn't get much sleep.
.
There were a couple inches when I drove to work in the snowstorm, n it raged wildly while we worked away. The power only went out twice for a short time. Then we left for the white-knuckled drive home. Luckily the snow had turned to sleet n then rain, so there was only about three, compacted, wet inches to contend with on slushy roads.
.
After shoveling I realized I haven't been home so early on a work-night- before ten o'clock! Leftover, homemade, chicken soup sure hit the spot, n I read for awhile after discovering no good primetime shows besides special storm coverage were on.
.
The winds are really up out there! News reported about 70 mph winds on parts of the Cape. The entire NE USA is getting a good whollup. Thunder snow has been observed here also.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010

Due to all these happenings I still haven't caught up on good sleep. Tho I got home early I still didn't get any good shows to watch. Tonight's pic was taken after the snow last week... Another day of work driving in nasty weather is ahead of me before I'll get a chance for taking current pics.
.
What a tangle I let myself get caught up in before I get to unwind sometimes.
Here comes more thumderstorms again.
Better post quick n get offline-

3 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

I did not seem like you had a lot of fun last night. After being on vacation for a week I'm sick of the TV shows they have on to. I thought game shows and soaps were morning shows. Keep warm and drive careful. That must be a great job for you to hold on to it.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Doesn't chicken soup hit the spot? You inspire me to make that. I'm glad you got home a little early and that you are safe.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, no fun at all, actually, aside from reading your story! I miss prime time network tv. Don't get to follow any shows. Can't say details of what I think about job...

Lynn, Some soup is just better for some unkown reason! I'd left out the herbs I usually heap in (forgot). Change is good sometimes! Thanks, part of my day was a nail-biter- hate having to drive in storms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home