Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Piling n Island

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010 .
.
.
Early last April, I posted a front beach pic, n left this one taken off the village pier buried in the file. I really like the contrast of sky n water textures against the distant point n harbor islands. There's so many different blue tones in it, too.
.
The past few weeks I've barely taken any pics- I've had so much to do in the little daylight I'm awake in. I've been getting more uninterrupted sleep hours, but I still haven't felt caught up n rested enough yet. There always seems to be something important to wake up for n get done in a hurry. This week finally the errands are minimal, so I can afford extra sleep.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth 2011After seeing the snow storm news in the south-eastern USA tonight, I think they'll be laid up awhile! Apparently there aren't enough snowplows to handle it.
Next it's all heading up north here by Wednesday. At work before I left, everyone was getting ready for driving thru another blizzard. It'd be nice if it all blows over before I have to go back...
.
Looks like I'll have to get errands all done before the snow begins to pile up...

7 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

thankfully you won't have to drive in it to get to the hell hole!
be safe and warm!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Part of the problem is that the snowplows can't get to the areas that need it the most, because they are blocked by stranded tractor trailer trucks. There are thousands of vehicles stranded on our highways - it's an epic event for the south that someone on facebook labeled, "snowpocalypse" and the funnier "Big Ass Winter Storm." :) We laugh at ourselves.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hey, Snag! that is a great shot! I see lots and lots of white buoys.. Fishing area?

No snow here yet this season, but Kelly is keeping her fingers crossed. Bring on the "Big Ass Winter Storm."

No, but seriously, Mother Nature is a busy one, and to be respected in all her forms.

xoxo

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I hope it calmed down for you, Snaggle. We're supposed to get some more snow today...but with a light wind it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm glad you're managing to get some extra rest!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Yep, this round I lucked out- Planning to only walk tomorrow- n shovel. I take it you don't have to work- Thanks

Lynn, I heard Atlanta only has 9 plows for that huge area! Time to get a few more- I saw those trucks on the national news. To us Northern folks, 8 inches isin't bad compared to a foot or more (That we're expecting to deal with).
Hope you don't lose too many work days over that BA storm!

JanF, Thanks. I'll soon have enough time to load your blog again. Those bouys are moorings for boats taken out for the winter. They pay alot for those spots in the harbor. Folks fish off the pier all the time.
I'm sure you don't mind missing the BA storm. Apparently there's no normal weather anymore!

Talon, The stores were all jammed today! Home is now very calm. I bet your idea of not bad has been modified to include anything under 2 feet, n over 5 degrees!
They've issued a blizzard warning here. TG I can stay home!

I know I can't make up for 4 months of missed sleep in a few days, but every extra bit will help- thanks!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

I would have thought there would be ice over the bay but then this is in April.

I would think it might be hard to take a picture between snowflakes.

We even got snow here in Oklahoma.

Stay warm and drive carful

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I've never seen the bay totally frozen over. The tidal water motion, wind, n currents, plus the high water salinity keep it from getting solid. i've seen parts frozen, but not all the way across- only after days in a row of 20F or lower temps- also the watch out for pipe-freezing time!
Snow there too? wow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home