Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Breezy

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 7 2010
.
.
.
What a beautiful, sunny, warm, Day Off I just had!
A bit breezy, tho. The water was choppy, but after errands it felt good to get out for a walk around the village pier. Alot of folks were around during my travels, but the front beach was empty when I was there.
.
Seems like I got alot accomplished. I got to recycling before they closed at 3pm, freeing up alot of backroom space after accumulating plastic, tin, n glass all winter. .
.
After shopping I went to get Little Truck's leaky tire fixed, n got in an oil change too.
.
I would've done the yard work awhile, but couldn't, due to the folks downstairs having seven cars parked all over the lawn, n a crowd sitting in lawn chairs in the road to sunbathe n drink beer. They didn't pick-up well, either. Now there's bottles n broken glass all over the place! (I'm not looking forward to picking that up- but don't want to leave it to be grassed over as a summer surprize...)
.
I did clean-up some more planters out on the deck, n planted some seed flats indoors n out. I've tons of years old seeds, n am curious to see how many will sprout from the generous amounts I put in. I need to buy more soil n repot everything, especially the trees one of these days.
.
Of course, it's back to work for a week again now. Colder air is predicted to move back in for awhile, n I'll be hard pressed to make progress around home again until more time off.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth April 7 2010

But I'm grateful I got out n enjoyed the weather a bit. Now it's late n I'm about to sit down with those state tax worksheets again- It had been waiting on a health cost form from work. I probably should've done that first, instead of getting away from the annoying crowd in the yard today- but would've felt I'd missed the sunshine again.
.
N I got more pics to play with, even tho my batteries were running out, then I ran out of replacements. I don't feel my travels were wasted tho- Alot was done, in the sun, for fun-
.
Really tho I need those forms done- Back to work...
.
Hope your day was good too!

10 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ahhh, a super day off.

Oil changes always feel great! Hubby did mine the other day.

Be fun to see what seeds come up for you! Probably a lot, is my guess. Parsley, Sage, Rosemary,and thyme? Karrits!?!!

I'm up early, way early. Too early. But nice to catch your new post!

Back to bed!

Xoxo

xo

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Cliche time.

Spring time in New England...it's a good thing.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

What a blessing it must be for you to live in such a beautiful place!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I am so happy you had a good day off and that last photo is breathtaking! You are so lucky to live near the ocean.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Beautiful shots commemorating a beautiful day!

I'm so glad you had some time to soak up the rays and the beauty of the ocean.

They're calling for snow here overnight and tomorrow...oh well, it's got end sometime, right? lol!

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Good weather n functional too- Little Truck has to go on a lift to reach the oil filter so I pay for it now. I did plant Parsley n sage, n a ton of old flower seeds. You are up with the sun today- Thanks

G, Always feels a long time coming- n sometimes doesn't at all- Other folks were alot hotter- but not here in the ocean breeze.

Grannie Annie, Yes, this place keeps my heart happy like nowhere else- Thanks.

Lynn, I did need it in spite of the neighbors being around. Thanks- That pic stood out of the bunch taken. Love that shimmer, n the effect applied. I'm only at peace near the water.

Talon, Thanks- the pics bear witness to my travels. I don't sit still long- except to brace for a click! Mostly I walk alot because I can...

Poor you! Hope the snow melts fast n you're spared the shovel- At Least Riley will have fun again!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

my jannie lieking yoo a lot.

and she haz a kwestin...

she cannot finds the plase to click for changing the kolor of the font in she excitting free PaintePro triel. yoo kno where it is?? she looked and looked and looked.

yoo will see last nite she did somethign funny with a baskit weevin efect on she hedder.

she injoying she free triel kwite mutch.

wit loves.

me

blue bunny
oxoxo

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

Beautiful photos! I think it would be so wonderful to have the ocean as part of the background of your life. Although I would probably want to kill those folks who prevented you from gardening and left glass and trash in your front yard (don't you have children who might like to play in the grass?? terrible! and can't you call the cops if someone drinks beer in a semi-public place, like a front lawn and road edge? maybe I live in a much more strict environment re: alcohol), your calm acceptance of the situation and doing exactly what you could do with the hours in a beautiful spring day was inspiring. :)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

what fun to see such beautiful sights and dirty hands tossing seeds galore.

stupid people with glass bottles. ya know this one time, well on second thought I best not say.

happy sun happy thoughts and happy rest

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BB, Please tell Jannie there is a toggle color palette to view on your right showing foreground n background colors on the top. You need to set those colors before clicking the text tool dialogue on- by clicking on each color n changing it. Good luck- It took me a long time to figure out!

Meredith, Thankyou. I think my ocean pics would look alot better if I had a better cam (Still working with 5mpxl). Yes, I amaze myself that I don't go ballistic on these kids! Yes, the little ones who visit could easily hurt themselves on my lawn now, n it isin't safe to let Mischief go down the deck stairs anymore, as she could get run over in the yard! The offenders are my landlords relatives, btw.
I can't wait until they leave in June when college is out-

Paige, thanks! Ya I live to toss seeds with dirty hands! Every spring-
I hope the glass where they were parking on the lawn ruins their tires so they have incentive to keep it picked up!
I did a yard sweep of little garbage including alot of cigg butts again before work today- Yuc! Picture the 2-year old playing with this stuff- yikes!
unacceptable-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home