Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Slippin'

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010


Time to set the ice, n slide along nice- Well that's how the ride was this week around here! One of the delivery drivers in Barnstable had a turn without brakes n rolled over this week. Poor young guy has a back injury. One of the funnier folks at work too, n he'll be missed.
.
I like how this top pic looks like a skating rink. It feels like one in here tonight. Well, I should be very careful what I wish for. I wished the downstairs folks would hurry n leave n they did. I forgot to add in the "so I can sleep" part of the wish quick enough, I think.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010.
(Love this pic!)
Well yes, they packed up n went bye-bye-Yay! Not even two hours after that, the intermittent beeping of a low-battery fire dector began! I find it difficult to sleep thru that evey minute alarm. I hope the battery dies all the way soon! Now, after nightfall, it's apparent they turned the heat almost all the way off. The top of the stairwell registers 50F, n heat rises. (Slightly illegal for landlords). Yep, young, smart folks in college can be so clueless, even if they're good at school...
.
The heat downstairs hasn't kicked on once since they left. Hopefully, the pipes are good until someone comes to check the place, cause my pipes go thru their walls... It is feeling a bit icy in here, especially the floor. I'll soon be digging out those rugs again for the laminated kitchen floor which has my toes blue thru two pairs of socks plus slippers.
.
Downstairs has gas heat, up here I'm all very expensive electric, which I always keep set low about 60F. Luckily my numerous thermometers prove it's more than my imagination I'm chillin out at home, literally! TG I got my hot-water jelly jars in sock to tote around. I'm not getting enough done tho- so much for getting in gear, quick! Back under the blanket!
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010Now tomorrow I have so many daytime errands n calls to do, I won't sleep much anyway, even if the alarm stops beeping downstairs. Oh well!
.
Finally, somebody Binged a post from ESR! They searched "Vas Es Los? " n got
ExitStageRight: Vas Es Los? with the teaser "What is this? What happened to the scenic water, the pretty blossoms? Tales of fish n toe-dipping?..." I'll tell you what happened to it! - It's all ice !
..
So "Ice" is the theme of the day, n not alot of Xmas chores are taking place. I guess half a granted wish is better than nothing granted!
Hope skating ahead is a bit smoother.... (N For you too!)

5 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That's the one bad thing about condo living, you have to deal with other people's noise and crazy stuff. My neighbor downstairs likes to save money by keeping her heat off - so I keep socks on all the time when I'm home. (I can relate to that cold floor. Brrr.)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Sorry LOL about where is all the sun shine.

You would think they would look around.

I'm hoping the pipes don't freeze.
Stay warm.

I wish I could follow the Sun right at that point of 82*.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

ESR IS famous for lovely ocean and such!!

I remember when we were kids the ice would be skimmed over in our kitchen in the morning! Yowtch! Chilly.

Has the alarm stopped yet? Geez! I can relate to be book smart and life-dumb (Well, actually I was never too book-smart) except for French and dreaming about poetry.

Was hoping to see it was YOU skating. Are you a good ice skater?

Cute pix jobs. I love that one you do too!

xoxoox

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

with the arctic blasts our downstairs is quite drafty, thanks to the previous homeowner who took lessons from Charlie Brown. sect areas of the walls appear to have no insulation when others clearly do, and the person who installed the windows didn't put in insulation around them so they are drafty around all the trim. we buy that shrink wrap for out door windows, and it helps miraculously when we use it there.

do you not any any access to down stairs to take out that battery and turn the heat up to 55? perhaps a call to the landlord is in order to mention that you are afraid your pipes will freeze. out pipes that freeze during arctic blasts are the ones that feed our toilet on the first floor- that wall is one of the special uninsulated ones..
hang in there- daylight shall return soon minute by minute!!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Ah ha! you too, I see! Not so easy being an upstairs occupant. My floor Literally was in the 40's this am! I hope you get to stay warm for the holiday!

Ellis, I should go looking thru those July pics again to stay warm! You'd think college would help them think about actual life going on around them... BUT they don't! Thanks!

JanF, Yep, where are those pics this week... Maybe when I'm feeling more warm n fuzzy...
Problems have been chopped down to size today, An update will be added very soon. Nice light skater guy, huh? I used to skate every winter until I had babies n had to sell my good skates for $10 bux to get diapers... so it's been awhile! Thanks

MB, More drafty than usual here, even! (see update) I remember sleeping in that backroom once n it was breezy. I've had no access for two years until today- they used a straight bolt. Not a safe situation. I replaced the batteries today. - Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home