Saturday, December 18, 2010

Colored Lights

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010
.
.
One of the best parts about the holiday season is the light displays folks put up on their homes n businesses. Some folks take extra drives just to go around to see the pretty lights. Every neighbor hood has that one over-achiever display style like a theme park house.
.
I drive past our friendly neighborhood display on over-drive in the dark almost every day. This week I finally stopped to get a few shots. In years past I've discovered how difficult it can be to get a useable pic of the small lights. I've also found it's difficult to get good altered images from them. I've managed a few transformed ones to share upcoming on ESR as Holiday Rush Week rounds the bend toward next week-end's goal date, to add to the festivities.
.
Getting all my stuff done is always challenging. The upcoming week is forecasting snow for Sunday night, n on my Day's Off, so I'll be very challenged even trying to get errands accomplished. This forecast has jump-started an early store rush, n I sure hate lines!
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2010.
.
This week one of my co-workers proclaimed they didn't like blue Xmas lights! Because they're not in keeping with the red n green color scheme of Xmas. I happen to like the blue ones best! I think these purple ones on the eaves in the pic are great, too!
.
The ones I don't prefer would be the plain white ones, which abound thru my victorian village here.
.
Are you displayng colored outdoor lights this year?
Which colors or styles do you prefer seeing?

8 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I like color lights best - and have no issue with blue ones. It's funny - I have the white lights though. My neighbors up the way have a festival of colored lights - all set to music. Very cool. :)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Snaggle I don't write you to many poems so this one is for you.

No lights will you see
on my little a-bow
Not a tinkle a sprinkle
a glider I'm told
No snow on the roof
no Santa not one
no reindeers or sled
I'm having no fun
is what All my
neighbors said
so I went out side
early one morn
out there on the lawn
I left some fake horns
a piece of a sled
a gift wrap box or two
a few red rags hung
from the trees
all in plain view
I spread red food coloring
around in the snow
just for the affects
you know how that goes
When the sun came up
and all of it
the kids did see
the cops locked me up
It’s okay
don’t worry for me
sometime next year
their setting me free

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I like multi-colors best. All of one color always depress me (I'm strange like that). We have multi-colors outdoors and on the main tree in the living room. A smaller tree in the office is all white lights - but that's because it came with them. I couldn't stand stringing lights on two trees - as it is it always takes me hours because I like the tree lit from inside out on each branch.

That house is magical looking, isn't it? Lovely and festive.

I hope the weather holds until you get your running around done, Snaggle!

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, ooo I'd like those set to music ones! I have one window with lights shaped like a tree on it visible when driving over the hill.

Ellis, You've really outdone yourself- in acting out that Xmas disaster masquerade! Reminds me of your recent Santa poems ! So they give you computer access in prison?

Talon, You do have very pcticular taste! Very interesting to see how different folks opinions are on this issue- I had no idea! This is the same place that had the Tasmanian Devil last time. I'm glad they do it. Thanks, I'm hoping the forecast changes again...

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

I put up a few strings of Snowflake lights on the porch and a wreath.

come by my place when ya get a chance

merry christmas!

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Paige, I haven't seen snowflake lights up around here yet! They're white, huh?
I'd like to go warm up on Texas right now alright! But i'll hafta just visit your blog...

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger ruzzel01 said...

That fascinates me a lot!

countertops nc

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ruzz, Will I report you as spam or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home