Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shiny

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 10 2010
.
.
.
Before errands I made it out to fave beach on Day Off again. Another sight shifting from moment to moment, each with unique beauty to appreciate. It was moderately windy n the incoming tidal water was wavy, bouncing the yellow-peach sunshine along the ripples in constant motion, a dazzling sight to behold.
.
Another fleeting moment of life to savor. A feast for the eyes, n a show for the other senses. My ears were full of the crashing waves, n wind. My legs have been throbbing from the past weeks punishing travails. The massage of tropically warm temp water (75F) of Buzzards Bay was a much needed theraputic soak. My frazzled brainwaves needed a peace n contemplation session.
.
The side-trip stop here for me is perhaps the most important thing in my travels today. All else will no doubt be forgotten. I don't take this for granted. There isin't always time, or good weather. Important keeping up with bill stuff so often takes priority. Health n transportation can be unpredictable, n I don't always get to fit fave place into my schedule, tho I'll always shoot for it.
.
I'm so greatful to have the ability to enjoy this location, even for just a few minutes. Thirty-five years ago I found myself at this beach. Lately it seems all else is a chore, but these few moments. All other trips are rushed n full of descisions n deadlines to beat. Here that all melts away.
.
Here, at the edge of the Earth- my heart feels full of treasure!

5 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

A really nice blog post.
Time for ones self,
returning to see an old friend,
renewing life in the simple ways.

Thanks

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That is your special place and it is lovely that you get to be there alone for a few peaceful moments.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Snaggle lives 'way down by the sea.
Buzzards Bay is where she loves to be.
Her legs were throbbing from her work.
But her duties, she doesn't shirk.
Way down by the sea.

Snaggle's lived for all of 35 years
By the bay, but she don't drink no beers.
She loves sipping herbal tea
Then go walking the sea
Many, many years.

(Sing to the tune of "Sail A Child", which I haven't sung for you guys yet, but i will. Eventually. And probably sooner than later.)

xoxo

All else seems such a chore
Except for being at that shore....

xo(agin)

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I could stare at that photo for hours. It is superb! thank you for sharing it, Snaggle.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, thanks, I recommend
Defrazzle moments for all.
I so need this place
To find my contentment.
You're welcome

Lynn, It's been my important spot so long now- Well there were some other folks in small groups, but I'm always solo, except for the Creator n the Angels, that is.

JanF, Hmmm now I'm really curious about the Sail your Child tune...!
Don't know why I got the tune to old "MaryAnn,- ....All Day, all night Miss MayAnn- Down by the seaside sifting sand ..." going thru my head!
This week in Little Truck I started listening to Seals n Crofts tunes again, btw-

Talon, Glad you're enjoying it. I like the sunlight ripples getting split by that wave. Tough getting good wave pics with my delayed shutter button- I want a SLR again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home