Thursday, November 05, 2009

Reflect

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
.
.
.
Day Off will be a scheduled rainy day, according to the TV predictions. The overnight temps are getting icy now. Maybe it will even snow tomorrow early am. I prob will be new pic-taking challenged. I noticed the marshy bog grass down the hill has turned a wonderful shade of yellow this week, but don't know if drizzle will curtail that walk, or if it'll still be there when I get around to it. I've got plenty to keep me busy indoors, anyhow...
.
I left tons of things halfway done in my free time last week. I'm still painting part of the backroom which I put the primer on, those worst walls which had black mold. They'll end up a tan-white color. Then I'll try mixing some old blue with left-over white to make a very light blue, n try out my mini-roller stencils (bought awhile back) for fun.
.
There's a whole kitchen wall-ceiling area on one side of the room covered with big spiders staked out every few inches. I'll try to corral them into jars n take them outside for a release party when it's dry. They've done a good job getting most of those Gypsy Grain Moths, but there are far too many arachnids now, n their babies. I won't squish them. They prob won't survive long outside, but maybe they'll make good wild bird food. It's a time-consuming method tho.
.
I need to clean out the gutters around the deck again now that most of the leaves are down, but will put that job off in wet weather. The deck is covered with leaves, n the plant pots need to be arranged before snow-time. I need to work on the indoor weather stripping soon, also. The chore list is endless. (Of course I'd rather just sleep, read, n goof off- but I'm unlikely to get away with it...)
.
Today's post pic is from my prolific October file, a reflection off the brook across town. I like seeing the blue sky in the water, n all vegetation forms. The fact it's difficult discerning the reflections from the actual components appeals to me. It seems to be a window to another place...
.
I'm reflecting alot on reflections...

9 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Our gutters are full of leaves too, and so is the ground. I finally repaired the wheel on the wheelbarrow so I have no excuse not to clear them up now.

Cool photo.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wonderful photo today. And good for you for taking the spiders outside. I hope they stay up there though. :)

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Lovely photo. Reflections are so beautiful.

We just had a hail shower and it was funny to hear the pinging again. At least we didn't get the snow flurries they called for.

Hope you have a productive day and that the painting goes well.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I like the bird treat idea. What kinds of feathered buddies are about and will they hang for the winter?

What are you stenciling?

Do you like tomato soup?

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

My Jannie is weerd asking abuot tomatto soup . She shud asks if you lieks potattp soups.

The ends of kommint.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

Whops, I meened potatto soups.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, One step at a time, I just hate getting derailed n out of time unexpectedly like that! I just use a large, plastic barrel to collect the leaves- Gotta carry them down the stairs- Thanks

Lynn, Thanks, I really hate killing the spideys. Apparently, if I release them too close together, they'll fight n die sooner! (Only one per jar).

Talon, Thanks, think I'd rather snow than hail- cause it damages stuff. Painting is always fun when I have the option to play with it!

JanF, I feed the birds n squirrels bready work left-overs daily out the window in the little sideyard by the Huckleberry tree. The Crow is still here, plus the usual small Nuthatch, Titmouse, finch, n Chickadee, plus an occassional pre-sundown Cardinal. They'll all stay the winter.
I've got several small, odd stencils, leaf patterns, floral, geometric, ect.
Tomato sauce yes, soup no.

BB & BB, I usually only eat chicken soup, n turkey at holiday time. Homemade is preferred. I like lottsa carrots in my soup- Taters not so much. You'd like it-

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Love that last sentence.

I'm reflecting a lot on reflections.

Sort of sums up one's conundrum during the day/week.

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, That "I'm reflecting alot on reflections..." may be a new song by next week...
Sometimes my trailing comments are catchy (or enigmatic)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home