Saturday, November 21, 2009

Light Day

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 21 2009

.
Motovating factor clearing up some space, I finally made it to recycling today. I only get there a few times per year. Between the hall, backroom, n the shed, I filled up the whole truck back with bags of cluncky plastic bottles, tin cans, cardboard, n glass bottles. .
Most folks get curbside town service, but here I'd have to pay a private company. So I wash n save the stuff, n when it starts falling all over the place, I give up sleep hours to deliver it during the three hours, twice per week time slice the Recycle Center is open.
.
The weather report had informed me Day Off was expected to be partly sunny, so timing was good for Party Sunny too! After only a couple hours of shut-eye, I managed to get up n move it in time. I ran store errands, made it to the post office, n then I went on a walk around the village n front beach to get more light in.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 21 2009The sky was hazy with high clouds, some blue visible in places. There was some sunshine getting thru tho. I spied alot of these nifty, large, Cherry-tomato-like berries on the bluffs. I wonder if they're toxic? I wasn't tempted to eat them, but took pics. (Hope little kids don't)
.
I got home with a few hours of daylight left to the afternoon. After putting away my store goods, I went out to clear more leaves off the deck with Mischief. After seeing another kitty out in the yard, she was really good, staying upstairs instead of starting a fight. The nieghbors were out, n I raked part the yard, even tho leaves were still a bit soggy.
.
There was alot of trash in the woods directly across the road. Bottles n cups were over there, then I found a huge pair of sopping wet, high-top black boots! Yikes, the dumping gets me angry... It's like trying to sweep the waves back into the ocean picking up that stuff.
.
Which reminds me I recently saw a DVD "Home" with awesome, arial Earth pics in it- anyone else watch it? It makes you think about water a whole new way. (Sorry Paige, I wasn't referring to your recent happenings, tho it sure seems like it!) Wish I could stop folks from messing up the environment, basically. Al Gore was just on SNL again with a Green-Week message I totally agree with...
.
This week I finally watched the new "Star Trek" movie, n think it's really good on many levels. I'm not a hard core Trekkie, but have been watching the different series n the movies too, ever since I was a child. I love Sci-Fi, but I hope living in space is never better than living on Earth!
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 21 2009Before daylight was even over, I did more work on the backroom. Still have to do window-frame painting before moving everything so I can Paint the last fourth of the room. It was still warm enough, here at the end of November in New England, to open the windows! (This is a freak happenstance).
.
It's also unusual that I'm able to get up n function all day without enough sleep, n enjoy the daylight. TG it's Day Off so I don't have to work tonight- cause now I'm really feeling pooped!
.
Now, back to the relaxing portion of Day Off...

9 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I hope you had some good relaxing after all that work. Thank you for the lovely photos. Someone is bound to know what those berries are, but not me. :)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Those berries do look like tomatoes.

Sounds like you've had a super productive day off. I hope you had a few hours to simply relax. Glad you got some light time in.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I didn't stop doing physical stuff until after midnight, n then stayed up until dawn reading n watching the tube.

Talon, the color n size was a match, but the shape is odd. After I posted to the blog I still had work laundry waiting, but did sit a few hours before dawn n bedtime.
Thanks

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Ms Pink said...

I'm not a fan of Sci-Fi, but I heard the movie was good.

Rose

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Rose, a Trekkie at work had told me the new film was great- n offered to bootleg me a copy months ago, but I said no n waited for the dvd-
The quality, pace, effects, direction, script, and tie in of the story to all the others far exceeded what I'd expected.
Trekkie was 100 percent correct!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Bubbie said...

Trying to sweep the waves back into the ocean??? Did you make that up? I loved your entire blog. How interesting. Thank you for posting on my page, or I would have ended up missing out on your accomplishments!
I'll look at one more blog and then go CLEAN my environment. Thank you for the inspiration. I know it was work for you, so why did your post make me smile?

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

How lovely to open the windows and let in the freshness. I had a friend in Junior High, Katie, -- her mom every Saturday, rain shine or snow would open up the entire house for a couple hours. Or maybe it was every other Saturday. I was there for that one winter and nearly froze my buttocks off.

Our kitty NEVER gives up a chance to fight for his turf, he cracks me up. The squawkings out of him if another feline so much as hints at putting one little paw on our property. And Kit-Kat KNOWS just what is and is not our turf, right down to the blades of grass separating our line from the neighbors'. :)

Trashers get me hot under the collar too. What can we do with them??

xo

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Bubbie, actually there's a lady in an old folk song I know, "The Housewive's Lament" who tries it before she dies...
I hope you feel like you spent the day with me after reading today's post. Welcome back-

JanF, Actually I had to open the windows to let the paint fumes out... I open the kitchen window to throw out squirrel offerings, n find I always feel alot warmer after that, no matter how cold I felt before it.
The kitty in question was another small, black cat, funny enough!
-I want to fine them each $2k, which is the real fine no one is enforcing!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Btw, has anyone else noticed the kite string handle stuck up on the cables?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home