Friday, October 09, 2009

Recoup

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 8 2009
.
.
The weather's been cool n windy, tho at least dry the past few days. I got out across the road from the house for a few pics, searching out the color. I'll post more later... Today I present Golden rod, n red Holly vine, with a Mayberry evergreen in the BG providing good contrast.
.
In case you're wondering how I'm doing: At times I'm still coughing my brains out n expelling gooy stuff, but not as constant. The fever is gone, n I do feel more clear-headed, tho not yet back to good. My energy level has been down with the temp drop. I'm getting pooped out after doing stuff for just a few hours- I'm used to having alot of physical stamina, but lately I just want to sit down- not stand up all day. My ears has been ringing off the hook, n I'm getting dizzy sometimes. I'm all bruised up from crashing my shins on low stuff at work yesterday.
.
Everyone's been taking turns calling in sick at work with this bug I've had, so it's always short-handed, rushed, n running behind schedule. Orders are way down from last year, but every section has been cut people, so all are trying to do more in less time, n have alot more to do individually.
.
On another tack, for awhile there was a really cool, huge spider on the front corner of my deck. I kept walking into the web, she kept rebuilding. Every night for three weeks I shined my little flashlight over to see her while getting the key in the door after work. The other day the web was huge, n cool looking. I avoided breaking it on the way to the main deck so I could take a daylight pic on Day Off.
Yesterday after work the nifty web n spider were suddenly missing, n I'm dissappointed. It looks like someone totally ripped off the web- I wish other folks would respect my area I pay rent for, n let the natural things I enjoy alone. Whoever did that really ticked me off... (My landlord's done that before).
Some folks enjoy killing things. I like to enjoy sharing life with them-
Hope you all are having a better day-

9 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Nice pic! I'm sorry the spider and the web were destroyed.

I hope you have some time to rest and get your energy levels back to normal. It takes time to recover from those types of illnesses.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh you know I don't like spiders, but I let them alone as long as they don't make their web across my door. :) Sorry yours is gone - a web is a perfect work of art.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Cooincidental how Talon has a beautiful spiderweb up on her site today.

Let's hope spidie just packed up and moved off to your gorgeous Mayberry evergreen.

Sending calming restful vibes to you and your shins.
xo

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

i hope you sleep well wen you goes to bedd and you wakes up happee cause i find you iz reel nise persin.

xo

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, just the body on it was the width of my little finger! I have a blurry night-flash pic of it- saving for the end of the month. These bugs are very time intensive compared to the old days!

Lynn, The web wasn't on the door, but on the roof corner to the deck-rail leading to the main deck section. I could duck under it. These types of spiders I've never seen elsewhere. They are huge. Not good for arachniphobes tho... I'm into biology, n Live n let live policy.

JanF, Does she? haven't made rounds in over 24 hrs yet- i'll have to go drool over missing out on my plan... I'm sure the critter didn't destroy her own web, which was a strong silk type I had trouble breaking thru by accident- But perhaps she went under the platform to escape her attacker. I don't see a squished spot- would be large, My girls know the kind of which I speak- the brown one-
My black n blue shins thank you.

BB, Thanks for thinking I'm nice, tho a bit grumpy. I needs so much more sleep- Thanks

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

I'm sorry to hear about the web and the spider. I love sharing my life with creatures, too.

I'm fond of spiders. Used to have a Chilean rose tarantula as a pet before she went to the Happy Cricket Hunting Ground a few years back. And a year or so ago, there was a gigantic wolf spider who built a beautiful web right near our front door. Fabulous!

I'm glad you are feeling better, but take care and get rest whenever and wherever you can.

And what a lovely picture of the flowers. Gorgeous colors!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ThommaLyn, Yep, I feel sad when folks do that stuff, without regard for the little critter life.
wow, you had a red tarantula? What did you feed her? Must've been fun.
This one is an unknown- we get those wolf also, but this is bulbus, with large brown dots n striped legs.
Thanks, goldenrod are abundant in the woods here now.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Glad you're getting better. I'm getting my flu shot on friday and I'm hoping it's not too late!

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cookie, all you young folks need it- I'm supposed to because of the asthma- but will have to pay full price, n don't have money yet- It's over a week n a half, n I'm still achey n coughing btw-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home