Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2009
.
I got home after work, then heard a news report on TV about a Swine Flu pandemic alert. Sounds pretty scary, how it's spread aleady around the globe, as far away as New Zealand!
.
Apparently most of the damage has occurred in Mexico with about one hundred deaths! There've been cases reported in Canada n the USA. Texas, New York, n a few other states were mentioned. There was even a White House Press conference aired on a Sunday to announce a public health emergency. Schools are shutting down for disinfection. Folks with symptoms are urged to stay home for forty-eight hours.
.
This is one bug to be taken seriously. Luckily I already have a supply of nose-mouth masks (which are so hot to wear). It's probably only a matter of time before we're all exposed, n vaccine formulation takes at least six months to invent in the labratory. World News Now (abcnews.com) reported it's treatable with tylenol n Tamiflu. The way the news is presenting the story sure caught my attention! This sign (pic) is a bit under the weather too...
.
Keep washing the hands... n doorknobs, faucets, ect... Stay away from coughing folks.
Good luck n good health to us all!

10 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger TALON said...

News and flus sure travel fast.

Hopefully the right actions are being taken to contain it. Scary stuff!

Stay well!

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, it is pretty scary. I guess folks who went to spring Break vaca in CanCun n Mexico are the spreading media- Wonder if my neighbors will get it!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger TALON said...

For your sake, Snaggle Tooth, I sure hope they don't - that would be a little too close for comfort!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, wash hands. Profusely.

And keep abreast of the latest trends in nose-mouth masks. Some are very attractive! Mine's got pix of running "naked pumpkin people" on it.

Hi Talon!

Hi Snag!

Love you both.
xoxo

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I'm really nervous about that, because they cough alot lately(smokers). Of course, my allergies don't make me sound good either!

JanF, I already wash about 50 times a day. Naked Pumpkin People? I just have the regular hospital blue particulate N95. LvU2!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Compare this to the normal amount of people that die of the flu or related illness each year and you'll find that someone is making a big deal over nothing. Then look back to what they did in 1976 with the swine flu. Starts making sense after that.

Peace,

- Neo

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, each flu strain is different, n constantly mutates. Severity may depend on the vunerability of the infected, ie: infants, elderly, compromised immune systems. Note that I have severe allergies (immune system) n asthma. I need to be careful.
I know what I do due to some medical training. Also, I don't have med insurance-

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

btw-
Attention
No camping
No fires
No littering

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You and me both on the hand-washing, eh? Have you noticed you and I are often spookily alike? Altho I can't draw or paint. Well, I draw cash from the bank and paint myself into a corner sometimes.

:)

Yeah, I had just watched some news show about streakers, with pumpkin heads!

It's a wild wild world, Snag! Wild indeed.

What? No camping? that throws out my tent on your back yard idea.

Be well, my bud.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, ya, it seems that way- amazing what society as it is can form folks into... unique yet alike, despite the separate geography n geneology. This could only occur in the tech-age. Without the net, I'd never've known of you!
Your gifts are just as important, of course!
That sign is on B-cove near the little bridge, on the other side of my hill of woods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home