Friday, March 20, 2009

Under Bridge

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
.
.
.
Adversity is a river to be crossed without a sea-worthy vessel. It's a challenge to still be standing after the storm of trouble.
.
Little Truck was out of commission for a bit, leaving me stranded, but I didn't miss one day of work. Folks stepped up when the help was needed. All the timing fell into place just so. I feel fortunate for having them in my life. So many folks are good inside, awaiting opportunity to prove it. Many got me a bit further over my rough trail, then another picked up the next rock.
.
Puter had it's issues too, n I was emotionally stranded. Free time was spend getting wound-up instead of unwinding. Hours spent searching for the non-existant option. Hours, then days of download n updates. Taking risks in order to search for solutions. All projects besides protection pushed to back-burner.
.
Now so much work leaving me too burnt to enjoy free time as I'd prefer. My idea of fun today is not lifting my arms, because then my back yells at me. I had fun at the store finding a two-dollar corned beef, n cabbage at .25 cents a pound. Food for a week under five bux- that's great because the rest of the cash belongs to the next Little Truck repair n the rent.
.
Thanks readers for all your positive energy n prayers sent to me in my trying times the past few weeks. So many supported the bridge allowing me to get over all that. (I took that pic today by the gas station). The Sun will shine on me again soon.

7 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

happy spring, friend

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Happy lst day of Spring! We had snow last night - just a smattering, but a reminder that winter is still holding on for dear life...

When I read your post I immediately thought of the song, "Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water"...though in your photo the water is still. It's wonderful to have people in your life who are there to truly support you. It's the tough times that reveal a friend's true character. People like that are worth more than their weight in gold.

I hope the hot water bottle has helped your back pain and that the corned beef and cabbage is delicious.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, hope your spring began warmer than ours, thanks.

Talon, I had to scrape frost off the windows to drive home today, it's pretty cold out there- but Spring will win soon-
When you're weary... I do that song with the guitar sometimes. I heard on the news last night Garfunkle is thinking of a short concert tour with Simon again, in New Zealand. I love that harmony.
The back got another workout on busy Friday n yes, the food is tasty n great as leftovers.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Sail on Silver Girl, sail on by. Your time will come to shine. And all your dreams are on their way...

xo

Simon and Garfunkel, Greatest Hits, first I wore out the Record, then the 8-track, then the cassette, then the CD.

I'm thinking of getting an iPod for Christmas! Never had one yet.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I still have records n cassettes of them. My kids know all the tunes because I played it so much! First thing I ever taught myself on violin was the boxer instru- I'll have to practice that again when I can lift n twist my arm again, been too long. I'm sailing right behind.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

In my heart, I believe the sun has been shining on you all along, there are just times when clouds come along, granted sometimes it may seem more like severe thunderstorms, but eventually, the sky will clear and the sun will prevail!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, Hope n faith are always good thoughts. At this point rest is worth more than gold to me tho.
The Morning sun is shining like a red, rubber ball-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home